No announcement yet.

Change in Situation * Child moving back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His ex cannot deny him access to his kids. She can go to court to try but it wont happen. And if shes that difficult then good luck with your child support reduction because he wont succeed and will more than likely pay costs.

Comment

[QUOTE=Berner_Faith;225621]
      Originally posted by Lolita123 View Post

That’s along the lines of what I expected your response to be. Truth is, his CS will not be reduced if kid#1 comes to live with you. Stop looking for a way to reduce his responsibilities and start looking for ways to make this work.

Honestly in the past 8 years I have been with my husband there have been times we didn’t have money for gas or bills and had to turn to my parents but guess what? We never missed one of his CS payments. That was always paid because those are his children.

Do you have cable? Internet? Cell phone? Do you go out at all? Basically if you pay anything above and beyond the absolute basics he will not qualify for undue hardship. It’s not about him making less than her or having less disposable income, undue hardship means you are about to lose your house. It’s very hard to prove and research would show you that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      well lucky for you, you had family to turn to.. I don't... and one of them I take care of... I would be a horrible person to not take care of my father yet, I am a horrible person to take care of him and trying to Steal money from CS for his kids... that is ridiculous.. Cell phone, I have one and it's provided by work... Cable... no.. we just have internet and we watch all TV and all on that... Also, it's for my 2nd job which I work from home so I need that to earn an extra income ... I don't even have a home phone... and trust me.. if this would go to court and the judge would say no it does not qualify.. we will pay... and I am not saying that the day after the daughter would move in we would file.. I am saying that if it does get to a point that we can't make it work... what is the option... my question was more what was the reasons to go and seek a lower CS based on undue hardship... People assume that the goal is to pay the EX the less money possible... and it's not... trust me... we pay more than our fair share... even things that are above and beyond the child support we help pay... even if really it should be the mom that pays for those things... but we do because they are our kids.. anyways... this post was not a debate.. and people are really quick on assuming the worse...

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
        His ex cannot deny him access to his kids. She can go to court to try but it wont happen. And if shes that difficult then good luck with your child support reduction because he wont succeed and will more than likely pay costs.
        perhaps not deny access but she can for sure make them not want to come over... she's great at making things up... and make them 'stay' like taking them to a special place and all that we can't afford.. and being that young well they do.. and then they call their dad and say that they don't want to make him feel bad but they would really like to go with mommy but that means that they can't come over for the weekend...

Dad not wanting to put the kids in a bad place says that he totally gets it.. loves them still.. and it's all ok...

she pulls that stunt once in a while when she's not happy about something... last time, was because he asked to change a evening access to the following day cause he had to work that evening on an emergency at work...

Comment

This sounds like a truly pitiful situation.

Dad shouldn't work a second job???.... IMO he should work 3 jobs... whatever it takes to provide a decent standard of living for all these children he has created.

... writing is on the wall though... wonder how long till someone else gets pregnant.

Jeasus... this sounds like a shit-show

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
            This sounds like a truly pitiful situation.

Dad shouldn't work a second job???.... IMO he should work 3 jobs... whatever it takes to provide a decent standard of living for all these children he has created.

... writing is on the wall though... wonder how long till someone else gets pregnant.

Jeasus... this sounds like a shit-show
            Of course working 3 jobs so the mom gets even more supports when she makes about 80,000 gross a year considering all the mom taxable income she gets from gov and cs... and being taxed on 34,000... yet the father works extra time to supplement his income to be able to do stuff with his kids on his time but nope... that would also go to the mom... ... how is this fair... the issue is not the amount of cs it's the fact that even when a parent decide to take matter into their own hands to generate more income the other one benefits from it ... yet if the other parent who has custody gets a job at 140,000 a year and the dad 95,000 well he will still be expected to pay the same amount since the income of the custodial parent is not taken into consideration at all... how is that fair.? The custodial parent can decide to take matter into their own hand and make more money ...and go on trips every month if they want yet the other parent if they make 1000 extra in a year well that custodial parent will make sure that the income is adjusted for child support purposes ... does that make sense to you ... it should be that the main job of the parent is considered but what ever they decide to take on after the divorce as a second or third job should not count..

And no worries dear... we are both fixed and ...so I guess that you are saying that everyone who had children with two different moms ..1 young add stupid but still stepped up...and then a marriage of 10 years with 2 children and they got cheated on should not get involved with anyone else ? Or only with people with no kids ?

I have 2 kids from the same father who cheated on me over and over again ... this man is a good man and has always been there for his kid...

Those children have a great standard of living ...at their moms... because the way the guidelines are made...look the way Quebec does it ..makes way more sense... both parent are taken into the equation and parenting time even less than 40% is considered into the equationequation-

Comment

Do yourself a favor and worry less about how much the other mothers make/don't make. You knowingly got yourself into this situation. The other mother was smarter than you is all.

You sound very, very bitter. Hey you got your prince - now enjoy yourself!

Comment

For what it’s worth... if Dad got a second job sure his CS would increase some but so would his disposable income. People act like if they get a second job they have to pay ALL of that in increased CS... that simply isn’t true.

Example:

Job one pays $50000, monthly CS for two kids is $755

Job two pays $10000, CS is increased to $915.

Monthly increase of $160, but Dad sees an increase of $670 a month after his increase in CS...

So instead of making an extra $600 a month dad doesn’t get a second job because mom would get an increase of $160 a month... makes sense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X