Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if parents refuse to communicate at all?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if parents refuse to communicate at all?

I was just curious if there are any cases in which one or both parents adamantly refuses to communicate with the other parent in any way, shape or form other than through the other parent's lawyer. Refusing to talk in person, on the phone, via text, email, my family wizard or fax about anything to do with the children or about anything at all. Refusing to communicate via relative's or third parties other than the lawyer. I can imagine that in some cases hostilities could reach this level and after trial one parent could cease all communication with the other parent if they don't have counsel anymore. Not interfering with access but refusing to communicate at all. For example if the child is sick or in hospital not communicating this. Are there any cases like this? Or cases where one parent will permanently choose to give up any type of relationship with their child rather than have to communicate with the other parent by any means?

yes when somone has a lawyer they do not (should not) communicate directly with the opposing party.

Sounds like heaven to me....
    Perhaps give the child a cell phone and if they end up in hospital they could contact you?

Comment

My ex did this. Not a biggie. You just need to set up the exchanges so they don't require communication. I picked up kid from school and dropped her off at school, so we never had to communicate about exchanges.

Comment

This is our case also. Ex has to meet at a public place. Due to many false accusations, lying, yelling which still happens to this day, my BF won't speak to his ex on any level. Kids call the house phone or he calls them. She's blocked on email and cell phone due to harassment. It will be interesting to hear how people cope. We need help too.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Comment

My daughter only uses email and all emails go into a separate " ex" account which she checks once per day.

Totally necessary when ex is controlling and just lying!

Comment

I would like to see others input also, my Ex asked in court that all communication be via e-mail and I agreed as she likes to ..don't wnant to say lies, ok, sorry make up stories. But now she will not reply to e-mails, so I have resorted to e-mailing her lawyer with the questions and wait for replies.

Comment

Do her lawyers get you replies?

If so, then basically you are still in contact and just costing her money

If you want to force her to communicate with you for important kid issues then ask a judge to order it (very clearly, in non-ambigous terms) and then file contempt against her when she doesn't comply.

As far as I am concerned ideally ex spouses should have 0 contact except for important kid issues

Comment

If you follow Link's advice, ask the judge to order www.ourfamilywizard.com.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X