adjourments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adjourments

I was told that 2 adjournments are allowed.
    Is that 2 per side or 2 in total for both sides?

1 has already happened because of a date that was scheduled to early for everyone.

I want to take another to be much better prepared for an upcoming conference.

What is the downside of requesting the second adjournment if this matter is going to run the whole course of right through to a trial?

It depends on the reasons for adjournments.

What is upcoming? Why do you want to adjourn it?

Are you self repped or do you have a lawyer?

Comment

I've never heard of a "limit" on adjournments.

I was finally in court at the end of last summer - for a motion I filed in early 2016 to have ex comply to an order on consent from sept 2015. He adjourned 9 times and when we finally made it to court he stood there and asked for another adjournment. He had gone through 3 different lawyers over the past three years and now was self-repped. The judge turned him down and we went on to finally get things dealt with. (I won full costs).

I think if your request is reasonable it's would usually be agreed on ahead of time. And if it's not reasonable or the other side just can't agree, be prepared to get into court and ask again there if you really really need it.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X