Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Section 30

A Section 30 is being done.
    I have read and been advised that Section 30s can be unpredictable or even worse predictable based on the assessor.

Pat Convrey came up. She is well respected when it comes to adoptions and other high conflict CAS issues. Does she have any particular leanings for full or 50/50 custody? What if my ex spouse has a long-time companion they might move in with? Anything that she does not like? Do the outcomes favor women or men or neither?

Originally posted by youngdad91 View Post
    Why are you looking for 50.50 ?
    There are good reasons for asking for more and I could do more but there are multiple children and 50-50 could evolve into something better.
    Dividing and fighting over the kids is stupid.

You ask why I want 50-50 and I ask why would I not want 50-50?
    Any feed back on Pat Convery?

Comment

Originally posted by pinkHouses View Post
      Any feed back on Pat Convery?
      Looked up her name on Lexis - database for lawyers- 2 cites, nothing that would help you determine her leanings. She was listed as a possible reunification therapist on one particularly ugly parental alienation case.

Comment

[23] Patricia Convery is the director of Adoption Canada and her affidavit outlines the services available for adoptive parents and the benefits of an openness order and post adoption access. The basic requirement for the admissibility of any evidence is whether or not the evidence being tendered is relevant and material. Although the information is of general interest it is not relevant to the specific facts of this case and the contents of the affidavit are irrelevant and unnecessary to the legal considerations the court is required to make on this motion. I agree with the submissions of society counsel that the entire affidavit should be struck.

Source: Children's Aid Society of Toronto v. C.J.W., 2017 ONCJ 212 (CanLII), par. 23, http://canlii.ca/t/h3055#par23
        A crappy person who people call on as a witness in matters. On CanLII every case with the name the person's evidence is struck. This is one of those fine examples.

Ultimately, Section 30 assessments are useless as the OCL is. If an assessor is not familiar with the rules of evidence and pulls stunts like this and offers up affidavits where they shouldn't be... They are crap in my humble opinion.

You wouldn't see any of the top tier assessors even doing something this stupid.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X