This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• child support reduction

If Iam asking for Child Support reduction is it enough that I bring in my income tax pay stubs, to show that I earn a lower amount or do I have to fill out the financial document sheet- similar to the financials for separation?

do I have to fill out the financial document sheet- similar to the financials for separation?
    If you go to court you will need a financial statement.

On consent, or to show your income, your notices of assessment should be satisfactory.

Comment

Do you have an existing order for support? Final or interim?

Is your ex amicable to lowering the amount? Have you broached the subject with them?

Are you currently registered with FRO or thru equivalent provincial maintenance enforcement?

Comment

my ex has registered with fro.he is willing to negotiate.I would obviously want to stay out of court,but I am not making the $60000 I once was.What should I do ?

Comment

I believe you will need a motion of consent (if your ex is willing to adjust), this is simple from what I understand and once this is signed off on, you send it to FRO...

If your income has changed so drastically you may be questioned on why? and why you took so long to seek a reduction?

Comment

My ex has an contact at fro or a assigned case worker.He didnt need it since I ended up paying the full amount to shut him up.Now that Iam seeking an adjustment is that fro worker my worker too.
            Who do I submit my form of reduction too? so If my ex is not willing to accept my offer of a reduction, then I have to go to court?

Comment

can you explain a motion of consent.

Comment

if your ex isnt willing to reduce your payments then you will have to go to court.

Comment

I have to then fill out all the financials?My payment started in December, Im all paid up, but definantely need a reduction- my son will be back in the cityin June then I pay 645 for two kids. why cant I just submit my current pay documents,the financials are so time consumming

Comment

A motion of consent means that you both agree. There is no hearing, you both sign the motion order and file it at the courthouse. It is probably the cheapest way to get an order changed.

If your ex is willing to negotiate then this should be your preferred method. It is a one-page form and you don't have to file financial statements if both agree. The duty counsel and the clerks in the courthouse can help you fill it out.

If you don't agree, then you will have to file a financial statement with your motion application to get the amount changed.

The FRO only enforces court orders. They do not make changes on their own, you cannot just show them your tax return. They are not a decision making body. If you have an existing court order then you must have it changed.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X