This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Janus View Post
    As an alternative, look in the mirror, recognize that you are an independent, able-bodied adult, and get your own benefits and pay for them yourself. You don't have to leech off of your ex forever.

You are separated, start living separately. Stop being a financial child, grow up and be responsible for yourself.
    A tad harsh perhaps? Realistic in meaning, however we really don't know this posters situation.

I guess the time of pink fuzzy bunnies and glitter farting unicorns is over being its December. Perhaps Scrooge is more suitable?

Comment

Yeah I thought I saw a fuzzy bunny this morning but it was my darn cat! OhMy, thanks for posting the Trillium site. I need to look into that. I have been without benefits for ages. Well Janus, I get what you're saying but I can honestly say that my ex has screwed me over in untold ways. I wish he had to pay benefits for me and S14. I'd have to win the f'ing lottery to get out of the shit he's got me in.
      He's a wrecking ball. He's wrecking his "new" family too.

I don't mention my whole sordid story on here, but trust me.. It is Very Bad!! I will reveal a few more specifics another time. Please recognize that there are many different situations out there (metaphorically speaking) and on this forum as well.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
        It is unreasonable to remove someone from benefits without informing them beforehand. If someone is on expensive medication and has the medical benefit plan cancelled, before they have an opportunity to have coverage transferred to another plan, this could cause extreme financial duress for someone.
        No where did the OP's original post stated that he removed her without notice.

Comment

It is unreasonable to remove someone from benefits without informing them beforehand. If someone is on expensive medication and has the medical benefit plan cancelled, before they have an opportunity to have coverage transferred to another plan, this could cause extreme financial duress for someone.
          No where did the OP's original post stated that he removed her without notice.So the above is only your conclusion without facts. Even if he removed her without notice, your post was written without that clarification.

Comment

Hadenough, like the poster and others like us, you have had to deal with an ex who went personally bankrupt.

Janus if you had take the time to look through the OP's previous posts you would see that she already has been screwed over by her husband's bankruptcy. Assuming the OP's husband remains an undischarged bankrupt, and they do not have a separation agreement established yet, the benefit coverage should not have been cancelled.

Going through separation/divorce is one thing. Having to take on a partner's debt load while they skip through bankruptcy is horrendous. This OP's husband clearly took the easy way out and it is the husband who most likely be made to "grow up" in the future. Now that the husband has been divested of his debts, he will be in a much better financial position to pay CS and SS. I certainly wouldn't consider it leeching rather being compensated for having been married to a total irresponsible individual. Karma baby.

Comment

JB14 - perhaps the OP will clarify for you if she knew ahead of time that her husband took her off the benefits. I find no difficulty in discerning that she did not know. I certainly could be incorrect. If it is important to you then it is important to you. Whatever.
              Last edited by arabian; 12-19-2012, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Quote by JB514 "No where did the OP's original post stated that he removed her without notice."

It also DID NOT say that it was *with* notice.. Safe assumption - but just an assumption nevertheless, that it was done 'without' warning, thereby prompting the post/topic.
                Last edited by hadenough; 12-19-2012, 09:12 PM. Reason: added sparkles/glitter :)

Comment

Originally posted by hadenough View Post
                  Quote by JB514 "No where did the OP's original post stated that he removed her without notice."

It also DID NOT say that it was *with* notice.. Safe assumption - but just an assumption nevertheless, that it was done 'without' warning, thereby prompting the post/topic.
                  That is correct ASSUMPTION. And while I do realize that everyone's situation is different, and the OP might be wronged by the ex, the comment by Arabian "to go for the Jugular" just rubbed me the wrong way considering it was only based on assumption. As someone stated already, there are aways 2 sides (sometimes 3 ) to the story.

And BTW, I have been through the bankruptcy and let me tell you...It is not easy nor fun as you might think. Maybe if you have a s**t load of money to pay for things, would it be "fun".

P.S I understand that you base your opinion on your experience, but everyone has different situations, financial situations etc and everyone should not be expected to have the same situation as yours?

Comment

It 'sounds like', there are a lot of other parties out there that do need growing up. That also need to 'look in the mirror' at themselves as well as stop having their temper tantrums and start acting like reasonable and responsible individuals. I am not stating this to any of the posters here.

And no, I am not attempting to be a negative advocate either. (dont worry Tayken).

I read the site often and when feeling stressed at my own situation, I am baffled at what others are also being put through.

Hadenough: I haven't seen any fuzzy pink bunnies or glitter farting unicorns since the 'mask' fell off. It would of been nice though.
                    Last edited by OhMy; 12-19-2012, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slughead10 View Post
                      typical comments from a leechey bit@#

parasites are thelowest form of life.......
                      ^^^^^^ that was not really called for, was it?

Comment

Yes, there are a few "honest but unfortunate debtors" out there. Perhaps (JB514) you are indeed one of them. Then there's ppl who abuse the Bankruptcy System and the Courts in general, repeatedly. I am not alone in this belief although my particular circumstances are rather extreme.

So pardon me if I don't totally buy into the "bankruptcy is no fun" comment. There's a ton of ppl taking advantage of the Bankruptcy Legislation. In the States, my ex would be thrown in jail - where he belongs. Gotta love Canada. We free the Karla Homolka's (living in sunny Guadeloupe with 3 small children) and waste tax payer money incarcerating criminals at God knows how many thousands of dollars per day at out Club Feds.

Back to the point: her ex could've told her he was pulling the plug on the benefits. Are they not extended for 3 months after the date of termination, by the Province? Does anyone know?
                        Last edited by hadenough; 12-19-2012, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Slug go crawl back under your rock. The moderators should delete your trashy, vile posts. In fact, they should delete YOU.

Comment

or she could grow up and look after herself.........
                            Slug - there are a lot of things we should all do. One of them might be to act in a respectful manner and if you have any criticisms to posters, trying to word them in a constructive manner.

Just a thought...

Comment

why .... because i believe every adult should be responsible for themselves??

is that a novel concept?
                              I agree with you...however without the harsh comments

Comment

Janus if you had take the time to look through the OP's previous posts you would see that she already has been screwed over by her husband's bankruptcy.
                                I did not take the time to look through the OP's previous posts

Now that the husband has been divested of his debts, he will be in a much better financial position to pay CS and SS.
                                That is what I thought, so how is she getting screwed by her husband's bankruptcy? I thought rule #1 is declare bankruptcy after the separation agreement is signed, while picking up as much of the debt as possible (in return for whatever nonseizable assets may be available) to make the bankruptcy worth it...

Either way, maybe I'll look through her old posts after this, now I'm curious.

I certainly wouldn't consider it leeching rather being compensated for having been married to a total irresponsible individual. Karma baby.
                                CS and SS should not be about karma. The reality of course is that for many recipients, that is all that it is about.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X