This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parental Conduct and Impact on Access and Custody - Brampton Superior Court

Does anyone else see the humour in the wanderings this thread has been subjected to thus far?

Comment

Originally posted by involveddad75 View Post
      McDreamy my point was not about leaving children in the car, it was about how the OCL made an assumption and called CAS without checking on the children, if she really felt the children were in danger then she should have intervened, approached the car and checked on the children, had she done that she would have had all the facts regarding the event.

Personally I don't leave our children in a car. However I see this all the time at gas bars, both by mothers and fathers, grandparents etc, etc. Where do you draw the line, 2 feet, 5 feet, 10 feet, 20 feet. Do you get them out while you’re standing beside the car pumping gas? Do you get them out if you have to walk across to another pump to get a wind shield squeegee? You can’t have a rule for every event, parents need to parent.

If I see something wrong I let the parent know, if I see a child being really good and polite I also let the parent know.
      I get that, Involved.. I took her out if I was leaving the immediate car area. Even then, you can muck it up. Once when she was about 6 months, I had her out at the gas station, paid, opened the passenger door, buckled her back in (leaving my keys on the front passenger seat), and locked her in, in the hottest day of summer.. I freaked! I had to call the police on myself. Then we called a tow truck/agency, so they could break out the windows and we could get to her. Truly dumb blonde moment.

Syngreis: i think its ridiculous that people are freaking out over unattended children while they run across the street or go into the store. If the car is locked and there fastened who cares?
      And I think it's fine to play Peter Pan and live off the land with the lost boys, until you actually are in charge of an infant.

Anyway, we are trashing Tayken's original thread, which is a piece of case law that is brilliant and should be shared. Sorry Tayken, I'll stop!
      Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

Admit it. You're a little hot and bothered right now. Aren't you?

Comment

Originally posted by mcdreamy View Post
          Anyway, we are trashing Tayken's original thread, which is a piece of case law that is brilliant and should be shared. Sorry Tayken, I'll stop!
          So long as no one threatens suicide it is all ok.

Comment

well... that shut her up. the hot and bothered comment. i bet she's gone for a month now.

but really. i'm not mad. i don't really think she is either?

But ya, that suicide thing last time was a little much.
            I've heard she answered the phone since then, however- so don't worry.

everyone be cool, ok?

Comment

And I think it's fine to play Peter Pan and live off the land with the lost boys, until you actually are in charge of an infant.
              are you implying something?

Comment

Originally posted by Mess View Post
                Lead us not into temptation...
                You are a tease.

Admit it. You're a little hot and bothered right now. Aren't you?
                Anyone ever told you that subtle can be sexy? Hi, I'm Bill Clinton, but you can call me Bubba.

Comment

Someone is horny.

Comment

do tell.

which one?

Syn?

Comment

I think he's referring to Tayken.

Comment

Tayken is horny?

Not my understanding at all.

Comment

mcdreamy and wretchdotis.

Comment

well that's one name too many, but I guess I'll take it.

cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by wretchedotis View Post
                              But ya, that suicide thing last time was a little much.
                              I've heard she answered the phone since then, however- so don't worry.
                              Glad you posted the update.

Good to know it's not her, every time sometime flies past my balcony.

Comment

Get a room, all three of you!

Originally posted by wretchedotis View Post

Quite believable. I have been instructed by police to leave without child from the ex's residence whan the Order clearly stated it was my access time.

I was 15 minutes late, so the police were called.

After they arrived and conducted their intitial investigation, it was an hour past the scheduled access time. Apparently that is enough to not facilitate access per court order.
                                Notice the judge is actually questioning who decided what and based on what? Yeah, I know it happens, it just boggles my mind.

WO, I've been through shit like this too. I've got cops in my family, they tell me it's a mess for them too. I agree with Tayken that they're not overly trained in many aspects of family disputes. It's a bit like using us military for peacekeeping. It works but it's not the most effective way to use us.

And how about this? Any opinion as to why the order for the apprehension of the girl lasts only six months (part c)?

"5. Pursuant to section 36 of the Children’s Law Reform Act, police forces in the Province of Ontario, including but not limited to the Peel Regional Police, are directed and authorized:

a) To do all things that may reasonably be done to locate and apprehend the child, namely, Emilee Martina Rieschi, a girl, born […], 2002 and deliver her into the care of the Applicant, Anthony Phillip Vucenovic; and

b) To enter and search any place, at any time of day or night, where he or she has reasonable or probable grounds to believe the child may be, with such assistance and such force as are reasonable in the circumstances,

c) But this order to apprehend the child expires six months from the date of this order, unless extended or terminated earlier by further court order."

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X