Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 10:34 AM

dickstacie is on a distinguished road
Default registering for school

My son and I just moved and I went and registered him in his new school. I didn't add my ex's name on the school registration form...I am not responsible for my ex being a parent no more! Am I in the wrong for this? I have been responsible for my ex being a "parent" for so long that I refuse to do it anymore. Is there any legal implication for me to keep his name off? I figure if he's a parent, he would take responsibility and do his half.

Does anyone know also, if school clothes and supplies are section 7 expenses, or is that child support. My son's father only contributed 3 pairs of second hand raggy pants for our son to go back to school in, and I want to know if I can take my ex back to court to help contribute more for clothes since this is all he has bought for him in the last year.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:26 PM

Sk8r is on a distinguished road

Clothes and school supplies are included in child support.

If he is the other parent, then you should put his name on the form. It's not about you, it's about your son.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:06 PM

today is on a distinguished road

I agree with Sk8r's opinion as well.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:17 PM

DadofTwoGirls is on a distinguished road

Agree with previous two. The school should know about the other parent.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:01 AM

FL_Needs_To_Change has a spectacular aura aboutFL_Needs_To_Change has a spectacular aura about

I agree you should include all parental information.
You do not want to be perceived as intentionally alienating the parent from the child, even if the child never sees their records, it "looks" like you intentionally wanted to remove the parent from the child’s life. And you don't want that.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:24 PM

sufferer is on a distinguished road
Default Don't do that

I can otally understand as I am in the same boat with you.But father's information should be given at every place.Its not for you its for the child.Atleast he/she knows that this particular person is the father
Old 09-02-2007, 10:36 AM

logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to logicalvelocity

I concur with

Sk8r, Today, Dad of two, FL and Suff

lv
Old 09-04-2007, 05:21 PM

Mikesgal is on a distinguished road

this sounds all too familar here..my husbands ex gave the school board all the necesary info about my ex...only one problem all the info she gave was not correct so down on paper it looked great but if there was ever a time to contact my ex they never would be able to do it...we have not received any report cards from her as well, she made up this excuese that only one copy is given, this is not true..she just doesn't want us to see the number of days he has missed from school and the marks that he is getting...we are now going to contact the school and request this info which we believe is our right
Old 09-18-2007, 10:45 AM

littleman is on a distinguished road
Default school & parental info

I know I will get backlash for this however here goes
I have custody of my child and I feel that if the non custodial parent doesnt put forth the effort to want to know how their child is doing in school I am certainly not going to beg him to look at report cards.....if he was interested he would ask......its not a big surprise to either parent that children get 3 reports per year........doesnt take much just a question of when do the report cards come out and you can get copies from the office at the school...if you have doubts about time of year they are issued call the office at the school they will tell you......as far as non custodial parent information given at the school......I have in the past wrote down the fathers information and if anything happened to my child they first contacted me then they skip the father and go to next person.......dont ask why Im not sure.......I couldnt get away from my place of business so they contacted the grandparents.......thats the way the school board sees it I guess........
clothes are included in supporrt however school supplies can be considered section 7 expenses.......example if your child is attending post secondary education supplies come under section 7 expenses for sure.......hope that helps
Old 09-18-2007, 06:05 PM

today is on a distinguished road

littleman,

It is true that if any parent custodial or otherwise wishes to have information on thier childs education they may ontact the school. My ex sometimes rememebers to make copies for me and other times does not, (I share custody) in fairness I may forget at times, when this happens either of us may contact the school for copies.

If I am not mistaken Dickstacie made a willing choice not to include the name of the other parent and that is wrong wrong wrong on many levels. There are places where the registering parent can put other names of thier chosing such as emergency contact info and of course you may put whoever you wish, but when it asks the name and info of the other parent it should be given with out any question. To not do so would only appear a form of vengance.

It is the childs right. Period, no question.
Closed Thread