Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Long do court orders take to get to the FRO?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Long do court orders take to get to the FRO?

We went to court the first week of January and obtained an order on consent to change CS. The FRO still doesn't have the order.

Anyone have any experience as to how long it takes for the court to forward the order to the FRO?

Call the court house they will be able to tell you if it is still in their pile or not and approximately how long it wil take. I did this and they were very helpful.

Comment

mine took from august to january. i ended up faxing FRO a copy of the new order

Comment

Yes call the court house, sometimes they don't even send them I went to go get a copy and it wasn't even sent (2nd copy long story)
        Good idea, go get a copy and send it to them directly just in case. That's what I did.
        Are you already set up through the FRO? If not get the info package off their website and fax all the information over to them, maybe that will get it going faster. I know it finally helped me..

Comment

From my experience it takes a month for FRO to get/process your order. Then they send it to their financial department and it takes a month before they release any money.
          If you fax them the order it may shorten the time a little.
          I had an order issued Jan28 for arrears ($1300). We faxed the order 3 days later. ON Feb.9th I called, FRO said it was sent to the finance department and would be two weeks before I got it. I just called yesterday again, which was the two week mark and was told it was sent to finance on the 9th and would take a month before being released to me. This is money that's already sitting there in my FRO account.

When I asked to talk to a supervisor they asked for my number and said one would get back to me in 24-48 BUSINESS HOURS. Which by my calculations could be up to 6 days.

My advice to everyone - if you can avoid going through FRO - DO IT! they kinda suck at their job.

Comment

So I was told by duty counsel that day that in cases where the parties are self-represented (like us) that the court takes the hand-written minutes of settlement and types them up and issues the order.

After three phone messages to the court over the last week, I finally get a call back and am told that we were supposed to take the minutes and draft up a Form 25, have my ex approve as to form and content and then take them to the court to get the order issued.

WTF?

Anyone else had to do this?

Comment

That's just messed up! At this rate you will be lucky to see anything before your children graduate.

Comment

No kidding. Just wasted two months sitting on false information from duty counsel.

Comment

Welcome to our wonderful legal system!

Comment

Well this is not encouraging. Yesterday (1 March), during a motion hearing, the judge gave me a temporary order for child support. The FLIC told me it will take up to 10 working days for the order to be raised and a week or two longer for the judge to sign it.

To complicate matters, the payor (my Ex) lives in New Brunswick. FSOS New Brunswick told me it takes anywhere from three to four months to enforce an ISO there.

March, April, May, June, July.....? Wow!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X