looking for the name of a Law regarding PS education

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for the name of a Law regarding PS education

I remember seeing numerous posts in the past regarding a law outlining the justification of post secondary expenses based on a short list of criteria variables.

It had a line about if the parents had gone to university themselves then they should expect to pay and how relevant the university course is to the child's best interest etc. I believe there were like approx. 10 statements listed.

It was called something like farham law , or farnam law. I've searched and can't find it. Anyone recall the name of this Law.

You are probably looking for the Farden factors but thats not a law.

There is no “law” about post secondary. They fall under section 7 and for almost all cases they are set as a section 7 that parents can’t get out of. If its a first degree and has career potential then its ordered. Fighting it will simply cost you more.

That said, there are instances that are unique and an order can be made to not pay but those instances are few and far between.

Your best bet is to look at the costs, subtract all grants and tax deductions, calculate your percent and make an offer. And if you don’t believe me, there are several members on here who attempted to fight it based on the Farden factors and ended up settling in case conferences at paying a portion of the first degree.

Comment

Yes this is what I was searching for. Thank you for the quick response. Much appreciated

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X