Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Financial Planner/Advisor, recommendations?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Financial Planner/Advisor, recommendations?

Hi,

After the mess my finances have become since separation, I am in need of serious financial advice. Does anyone know of agood person to talk to in the Ottawa area?

Thanks

Try this company:

K3C Credit Counselling
    209-1300 Carling Avenue
    Ottawa, ON K1Z 7L2
    613-728-2041
    or 1-866-202-0425
    ottawa@k3c.org

K3C Credit Counselling > Home

I found the girl I met with INCREDIBLY helpful. They'll look at all your finances and give you all of your different options. They will NOT try to sell you a loan. And it's free.

Comment

Originally posted by CSAngel View Post
      Try this company:

K3C Credit Counselling
      209-1300 Carling Avenue
      Ottawa, ON K1Z 7L2
      613-728-2041
      or 1-866-202-0425
      ottawa@k3c.org

I found the girl I met with INCREDIBLY helpful. They'll look at all your finances and give you all of your different options. They will NOT try to sell you a loan. And it's free.
      Great, I'll give them a call. I like hearing that they are no pressure.

Thanks for the info!

Comment

try gailvazoxlade.ca and do it yourself and you will know how to get yourself out. I think everyone should be their own "bean counter".

Comment

Originally posted by CSAngel View Post
          Try this company:

K3C Credit Counselling
          209-1300 Carling Avenue
          Ottawa, ON K1Z 7L2
          613-728-2041
          or 1-866-202-0425
          ottawa@k3c.org

I second this recommendation, great organizatin. There isn't much point in trying to do it yourself if you only know what you know and continue to make the same mistakes.

This organization will help you sort out your current reality, outline your goals and make a plan to reach them. Be wary of those online DIY sites, there's usually a catch. The one posted by littleman isn't even a real 'help' site.

Comment

its not self help you have to know a bit about finances to navigate through it
            you need bank statement, credit card statements, mortgage, etc.
            it doesnt hold your hand and walk you through but it does give you a starting point and how to get you butt out of debt to a max of three years.

Comment

littleman, I think that website is now just a landing page/redirection site. Maybe it was a real website once but not anymore.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X