X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

I've just recently had a settlement conference;

He currently resides in a small townhouse with his parents.
    He has a medical diagnosis of schizoaffective disorder along with disthymia, major depression, and co morbid conditions such as paranoia he is also classified as a suicide risk.
    All of this medical evidence is from 2004 and my question is how to get updated reports.
    Currently he has 2 doctors notes dated 2009 and the judge has said that she will go by the updated reports.
    These reports are biased:

<O</O
    • They diagnose him with schizotypal personality disorder
    • They say he does not have and substance abuse problems ( I have an affidavit from his mother saying he drinks alcohol and a positive drug test)
    • They talk about his hobbies
    <O
    We have agreed to every second weekend for 8 hours expanding to overnight Saturday morning to Sunday afternoon overnight and from there in September expanding to Friday overnight to Sunday morning! Yikes he’s only 2 years old!
    He has never paid child support b/c he is on ODSP but he says he does pay and even though I have and order to garnishee FRO will not collect.
    I left him when I was three months pregnant to go live at a women’s shelter because of abuse. Pick ups and drop offs are currently though Kinark!
    How do I settle with such a man that has lied and called me and accused me of everything in the book including prostitution!
    Help

What issues need to be settled, that weren't at your recent "settlement conference" ? All your post says is that your ex is schitzo!!

Comment

Originally posted by Feirce View Post
      <O

We have agreed to every second weekend for 8 hours expanding to overnight Saturday morning to Sunday afternoon overnight and from there in September expanding to Friday overnight to Sunday morning! Yikes he’s only 2 years old!
      Seriously? That's horrible that they'd expect a two year old to spend nights with his father! Next thing you know he'll want TWO nights or three even!

You do know that if you were together the child would get to spend MOST nights with his father right? Why on earth should that be any different just because you're not together?

Comment

What was not settled? And FRO only collects when there is an order in place from the courts, once there is an order in place you have to pay, job loss or not, unless you go to the courts to change, you still have to pay while waiting. You cant place any garnishment on to him, only the courts can do that. Someone is lying, either you or FRO.

If the child is safe then the child deserves to bond with their parent. Its not about what you want, or him, but simply what is best for the child.

I wish you all the luck, and hope you make choices that are best for your child, not yourself.

Comment

You seem of sound mind, this is how you settle with a man like that, throw those emotions out the window and think of what is best for the child, plain and simple. Words are words, and although they can be hurtful you both have a duty to raise this child as best as you can. Once again, good luck. But dont let your child suffer because you want him to.

Comment

Im shaking my head on this one. Maybe my math is off so please correct me if Im wrong.
            2 yr old child, so born in 2008/2009....proof ex has serious mental issue dating back to 2004. Now that you two are not longer together you claim he is unfit? Why would you have a child with him if you are so concerned about his mental health?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X