This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Do Judges Think of Lyin Lawyers?

So I have a settlement conference next week..

So CAS did a drug test on me that came negative. I filed it with my court papers at the Case Conference and the lawyer said he was unclear of the results. (bull but)

So I gave him access to get a written interpretation of the results which they faxed to him September 30th.

So I get the Settlement Conference Brief dated October 13th that was filled with allegations of drug use. It was basically the same Brief but it did include some a not the fact that he knows I tested negative but more talk about how i am might using drugs

Not sure if he knew this till he got my Brief last week but I also got a copy of this letter, address to HIM!

What is people's experience with lawyers misleading the court/deliberately leaving out information.

Does this hurt his credibility and case significantly? or is it like social workers, okay for lawyers to say whatever in court and not have any consequences for the case??

He's not your friend, and he doesn't act for you. He's being paid to not have your best interests in hand. This is an adversarial system.

And unless I'm mistaken, people can be using and still test negative if they are clean for several days. So, technically, he's not lying, is he?

Eta: sometimes I think a child lawyer should be appointed right off the bat, for the kids. Surely someone representing the children wouldn't allow the personal attacks on each parent to continue, and would actually strive for a balanced, working relationship between parents, to foster the continued safe and secure growth of the children. I know, it's a pipe dream.
    Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

Keep in mind - lawyer do not responsible for what you read on papers. Yes he can prepare it etc but it's his client signature.

I hope this will give you some idea...

Comment

macdonald gal,
        If I was clean I would volunteer for 6 months of random testing. Say 6 times in 6 months. That should show the judge that you are serious..

Comment

hair follicle (sp) test is the best way

Comment

My ex wrote all of documents herself, she just paid the lawyer to send and receive letters. Her response was full of outright lies, errors, completely irrelevent statements and irrational arguments.

She paid her lawyer to represent her at the case conference. My lawyer said when they were in the judge's chamber her lawyer basicly just kept repeating "I don't know anything about that".

Comment

pre case management the X's pitbull lawyer (nicknamed by my lawyer) lied a number of times , in case management I called the pitbull on it and asked the Judge if we could recall the transcript from that session ...

well, the pitbull starting two stepping around the issue ... 'hmmmm I am not sure what I said ...' it was sooooooooooo obvious she was lieing ...

the Judge could care less ... i asked the Judge if lawyers can just lie in this court room as there has to be some integrity, Judge just directed an unrelated question to move on ...

as for children's lawyers, I'd be careful thinking they are a silver lining - my children 2 of which were under 9 had one , in 2 years their lawyer met with the children ONCE then made all their decisions, she sat with the mothers pitbull lawyer and they choose the Judge (above) and the therapist cause it was 2 against 1 - the therapist is now in front of the human rights commission ...

once a father falls into this stream your done ... if anyone remembers the original 'Dukes Of Hazzard' for me it was like standing in front of 'Boss Hog'

Boss Hog during session was telling the pitbull to take a message to her client ( my X ) "It wont be long now ! " cause they knew what the therapist was doing ...

so, from my experience Judge's could care less if a lawyer lies ... and my
              observation is 1 lawyer will not go after another lawyer for doing so , they will just wait till back in their office to have a mini trantrum so you
              think they care ...

i hope you have a better experience than i did ...

I am in calgary alberta canada , the last strong hold of 'mothers only' Judges - Lawyers and Therapists

Comment

well I am a mother but I dont think we have that kind of inequality so much where I am.

But even if they don't exactly "care" doesn't it make their arguments look less credible if they obviously tried to mislead the court?

I would think a judge would be insulted that a lawyer or any person would disrespect "their" courtroom....in my impression they are quite proud??

Comment

Originally posted by mcdreamy View Post
                  He's not your friend, and he doesn't act for you. He's being paid to not have your best interests in hand. This is an adversarial system.

And unless I'm mistaken, people can be using and still test negative if they are clean for several days. So, technically, he's not lying, is he?

Eta: sometimes I think a child lawyer should be appointed right off the bat, for the kids. Surely someone representing the children wouldn't allow the personal attacks on each parent to continue, and would actually strive for a balanced, working relationship between parents, to foster the continued safe and secure growth of the children. I know, it's a pipe dream.
                  Well it was a hair test dating back 5 months so..and I am using this for surprise but I'd like them to concentrate their energies on trying to prove I am using drugs because I'm not and I will go for another hair test if he pays no problem! Then I want one for him too! Although I hear Pot is hard to detect...but yeah he made NO mention that he knew about the info from the drug test. Like it never ever happened. And the third time around the Children's Lawyer has decided not to get involved. The last time we had a court shot ended was June 2009 :0

Comment

totally agree with you there macdonaldgal.

I have my ex lying on financial information. working for cash so he doesn't have to claim it. while on disability non the less

Comment

Originally posted by WorkingDAD View Post
                      Keep in mind - lawyer do not responsible for what you read on papers. Yes he can prepare it etc but it's his client signature.

I hope this will give you some idea...
                      Ya I get that I wish my old lawyer was that easy LOL. He wouldn't write anything that wasn't legit. Seems this lawyer is most interested in de money....

Comment

Originally posted by tmac View Post
                        totally agree with you there macdonaldgal.

I have my ex lying on financial information. working for cash so he doesn't have to claim it. while on disability non the less
                        and out cutting the grass for his yard and his gramma's I assume? LOL my ex mother in law was like that. And to boot she charged me for babysitting to go to work part-time, all the while cancelling for like hair appt's and stupid things, then told me I couldn't claim it cause she was on disability!!!

it's her son that keeps me in court. bunch of LOSERS!!!

Comment

he actually works in construction, renovations etc. making $40 an hour plus mark up on material. loser for sure.

Karma will find him

Comment

You guy's were totally right the judge we had must be as big of a crook as the lawyer he didn't care at all. He actually kinda rolled his eyes when i brought it up after he claimed i was not truthful!

Comment

that is such a load of crap. when they are under oath and still be able to get away with the crap

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X