This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forced Daycare?

With spouses that have shared custody 50/50 ... if one spouse wishs to drop kids off to school and have a family member pick em up after school to save on daycare expenses ... can the other spouse object?

I was under the impression that the other spouse, once seperated, has no say in the others parenting style or choices they make while the children are under their care? Of course I do realize that many daycares may not like the idea of having children come one week and not show the next.

Is there any law that forces one parent to comply with having to send their children to daycare while in their care?

Hubby

Something to keep in mind which you obviously have thought of though... Most daycares won't hold a spot for someone who is one week on- one week off. It is only a spot they could sell the the opposite weeks ( having a kid with an opposite schedule than your kid) and it would mean lost revenue. As they have to staff for child to adult ratio. They would usually charge you as if you were there the whole time and it wouldn't really save any money for you. If she had to pay for the whole month for the 2 weeks she was using I would think you would have to pay your share.

She also could claim the stability of having the kids know where they will be after school is important.

Comment

Jenny

Good points ...

Hubby

Comment

I don't think that, technically, your ex can say anything in regards to the daycare issue especially if it is not outlined in the seperation papers. However, like Jenny says probably either won't save a space for your child or will charge for the whole month whether the children are there or not.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X