Self employeed Ex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self employeed Ex

My ex is self employed and has hired his girlfriend to work for him as an associate rep. He won't supply me with her tax return. He apparently has lost $150,000 in business and I need to see how much she is now making. How do I go through the court system to request a copy of her tax return? What forms do I use?

You ask for his full income tax return and all assessments for himself and the business. Not the girlie friends income tax.

Comment

Originally posted by confused58 View Post
      My ex is self employed and has hired his girlfriend to work for him as an associate rep. He won't supply me with her tax return. He apparently has lost $150,000 in business and I need to see how much she is now making. How do I go through the court system to request a copy of her tax return? What forms do I use?
      He has no right to invade her privacy and give her personal income tax return to you. He isn't legally entitled to it.

Comment

I think the information you want should appear on his tax return. Her pay should appear as an expense against his self employment income.

Comment

This is what you are entitled to under the Federal Child Support guideline.
          Now it is very possible that he is using the gf to minimize his salary. I am nit sure that the gf qualifies as a non arm-length employee.
          You need to discuss with a good lawyer.

where the spouse is self-employed, for the three most recent taxation years
          (i) the financial statements of the spouse’s business or professional practice, other than a partnership, and
          (ii) a statement showing a breakdown of all salaries, wages, management fees or other payments or benefits paid to, or on behalf of, persons or corporations with whom the spouse does not deal at arm’s length;

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X