Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have to account for how you spend spousal support?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont write here often because my divorce is not final neither is separation agreement therefore I am hesitant to give to much details about my situation or maybe Iam paranoid but I just cant miss this thread

How about someone who lives partially on social assistance coin , gets CS , has investment money coming in from overseas , purposely staying underemployed , able to send one child overseas 3 times a year , now going on Caribbean vacation and yet still going after SS from me , so she can "get back on her feet" ? Separated for about 10 months now .( short marriage 7 years ). I meanwhile struggle to pay my hydro bill !

Comment

related question :
      Are spousal support guidelines being enforced now.

Ex wants 30M but doesnt need all that , she has a good job .
      I am paying 20m /yr per child in university.

Comment

M or K ???

Comment

sorry 30,000 $/ yr sposal support
          and $ 20,000/yr/child for university for 3 kids , total 8 years left .

Comment

Originally posted by Gary M View Post
            Is it just me, or is it obscene that someone who "needs" SS can afford to take vacations?

Probably just me, but had to ask...

Cheers!

Gary
            It was an example, Gary. Personally, I can't "afford" much of anything "extra", not that that should matter for this question.

Comment

My ex is a thief and a liar. When the arrears he owes finally come in, damn straight my son and I will be booking a much deserved vacation. Were it not for his short paying, holding back and general thievery, he wouldn't live the opulent lifestyle he does in the first place. When FRO gets on his tail good and proper, it will be him that needs to make the cutbacks and for once I will be able to think about rebuilding what I'd "like" my life to (eventually) be and that includes a vacation once in awhile.

Just b/c someone gets CS and SS doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to enjoy themselves and splash out, once in awhile! For 3 yrs the school had to help by covering pizza/milk/field trip costs. All that while Buddy drives a new sportscar and lives like a King. I'm hopeful that once FRO starts their enforcement, he will be motivated to cough up. (Something tells me that riding a bicycle around won't appeal to him.) As far as I'm concerned, he's not going to be paying me/fro "his" money. It's money that he stole from me (in more ways than one) and I'm simply getting it back.

The school had an end of year, 3 day trip that was a pretty big deal for the kids to be part of: I had a hard time paying for that b/c finances are so tight - but it's not as if Super Dad would have contributed. After 4 years of this, ohhh you better believe I'm going to go on one hell of a vacation. My son and I both deserve it.
              Last edited by hadenough; 06-16-2012, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rhondagirl View Post
                It was an example, Gary. Personally, I can't "afford" much of anything "extra", not that that should matter for this question.
                I understand.

Mine was just a question too, although I can readily see that it didn't come across that way.

I am, obviously, rather biased after seeing how some people abuse the law's bias, and/or crow about their SS... how they're living like royalty, how they are happy about putting the screws to their ex, etc., etc. Although you've exhibited nothing of the sort, your question (holidays) did trigger my question - which was directed to the general population.

Apologies that it seems as if I was singling you out

Cheers!

Gary

Comment

I have had more than my fair share of Kraft Dinner, Mr. Noodles and Hamburger Helper. Oh let's not forget Chef Boy-ar-dee. I use coupons and have often been dangerously low on groceries and supplies. Even toiletries. The whole thing is degrading and maddening for some of us. I would not do to anyone, what my X has done to us. Last week we had to go look at suits for my son's Grade 8 Graduation. I cannot afford one. Most money goes to cover bills. My friend offered to pay for the suit and you know what? I accepted. I accepted b/c I have to. It was/is a hugely generous offer and I will never forget it. To see my son getting outfitted in a great suit/shirt/tie really made my day. He looked amazing. Yes, I wish I could've bought it - but I can't. S13 does not so much as mention Grad to his father. He does not want him there. I doubt he'd attend anyway.

Maybe it sounds like I have no shame or pride. I don't know myself sometimes to be honest. All I know is I got screwed royally, and Thank God for good friends.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X