This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• letter from ex's lawyer

Hi, my husband received a letter from his ex wife's lawyer the other day..I wrote a letter the other day and got some excellent advice, however I just wanted to clarify a couple things. Here is a little history to this story..husband and ex have 17 year old who is living with maternal grandparents for the past year. Post dated child support cheques had been given to the ex for the son for the whole year of 2006. son drops out of school so stop payments were put on cheques because no school no support..ex wife fumes because now she can't afford to pay her bills..she sends up 200 out of the 625 to her parents and pockets the rest to pay her bills..she lives in a house which is up for sale and has a really good paying job that she has been at for several years now. no payments have gone unpaid for the son as of yet, my husband has sent to the grandparents 400 because now after much talking with the school they have gotten the child back to classes (he got kicked out for skipping and wasn't allowed back) after ex got wind that she no longer had "control" of the money she went to a lawyer and told him that no support was being paid...the lawyer states that the ex takes the following position: she is requesting your T4 for 2004-05 forthwith, to be delivered to her, pending a review of your financial disclosure her position is that you should pay to her parents the sum of 625 (which is what he has been paying for child support for the past couple years) until this matter can be reviewed. In the event a court application is required to resolve this issue the ex will be seeking a retroactive adjustment to child support..your immediate attention to this matter is appreciated.....we feel that she should be responsible to pay something towards the support of the son and my husband shouldn't have to pay the whole thing...if she has never come back on my husband for more money how can she seek retroactive payment???and what kind of retroactive payment is she looking for anyways??? what time frame do we have to provide this information to her???and what will happen if we don't do anything at all??? she has always been about money and doesn't find happiness unless she is ruining the lives of people around her..my husband has to pay for 2 other kids from another relationship and support me now as well since I just lost my job after 20 years....can we claim undue hardships or something...we are just on the verge of bankrupcy over this whole situation...someone please advise

Mikesgal,

I stand by by advice in the other thread.

LV

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X