• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child Support Re-calcullation + post date

Divorce - yr2015
    Location - BC

Ex wife have the kids from Monday to Friday

Last week my ex-wife found out that we should exchange financial every yr and update my Child Support amount (I also was not aware of this)

Her lawyer had ask for my finance (tax) info from 2016 - 2019

My question are:
    - am i obligated to pay any difference in Child Support from 2016-2019?
    - Is it worth for me to get a lawyer to prevent that from happening?
    - Is the changed in her salary make any difference?

I don't mind paying the difference from this point on base on my current salary
    Also, my salary this year will be lowered since i lost my other source of income due to Covid

Originally posted by chrispeco View Post
    My question are:
    - am i obligated to pay any difference in Child Support from 2016-2019?
    - Is it worth for me to get a lawyer to prevent that from happening?
    - Is the changed in her salary make any difference?

I don't mind paying the difference from this point on base on my current salary
    Also, my salary this year will be lowered since i lost my other source of income due to Covid
    Yes you are obligated to pay the difference. No you don’t need a lawyer. No her salary does not matter as you pay full table support.

Go back for each year and look at your line 150. Determine what the extra amount is—what you owe minus what you paid. Send her all the tax returns and offer her the amount of what you owe. Set up a payment plan if necessary.

Calculate what you earned this year (look at your most recent paystub before deductions and add the remaining weeks of pay for the amount) and what you paid and determine if you owe her for this year.

If you get a pay increase, update your child support immediately.

Provide your taxes every year on June 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X