Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

New posts


  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2011, 06:20 PM
RedDawg RedDawg is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2
RedDawg is on a distinguished road
Question How far back can i go

I gave my X everything: house, equity, she kept her new business, no alimony for me (she earned double). Now she is threatening me with all sorts of law suits (because she's nuts), and her second husband is a lawyer. He is using her to remove me from my daughter's life, and to secure what follows next.
She sold her business for a substantial amount @ 1.5 years ago. My divorce proceedings commenced @ 3 years ago; my divorce was finalized @ 4 years ago. Because of her antics, I am considering a revisit of the "terms of our divorce!" Am I allowed to go back to the courts after 4 years of no alimony?
Any and All Advice, is greatly appreciated.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:35 PM
billm's Avatar
billm billm is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,431
billm is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by RedDawg View Post
...her second husband is a lawyer...
I think I dreamed that nightmare! You lost in the second husband lottery!
Old 05-20-2011, 08:57 AM
HammerDad HammerDad is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 3,973
HammerDad will become famous soon enough

If you settled your terms of divorce, chances of revisiting it that much down the road is slim. Notwithstanding that, if you should get some funds, how much do you think it will cost you to get them?

As for your daughter, if you have a court order providing for parenting time/access, you continue to advise them that you will be exercising the ordered time via email (in a nice level headed email, no emotion, no you were writing a judge). Show up at the prescribed place and get your kid. Should the child not be provided for exchange, you document it and after about 3-4 instances of denial of access, you take them to court for contempt and request a) makeup time, b) an enforcement order and after a few instances of contempt c) a change in custody.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:55 PM
RedDawg RedDawg is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2
RedDawg is on a distinguished road

Thanks HAMMER.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:05 PM
NBDad's Avatar
NBDad NBDad is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New Brunswick
Posts: 2,734
NBDad is on a distinguished road

Slim to none of the chance of reopening the divorce settlement. You'd have to show that there were significant assets hidden that you were not aware of, or the judge would have had to have erred in law when making the judgement to reopen.

As long as everything was disclosed properly, you can't reopen it.

In terms of the access issues, do what Hammer has indicated. The judge will eventually get tired of seeing you and hearing about her antics, and will eventually issue a smack down. Focus on being a good father, and ensuring you are utilizing ALL Your access time and being involved. (ie. school meetings/activities/etc)
Closed Thread

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Back Dated Child Supoort and Other Divorce Questions Styled Divorce & Family Law 11 07-26-2011 09:05 PM
Ex Wife wants the kids back J_Kitchener2010 Divorce & Family Law 23 09-27-2010 08:05 PM
Want my deposit back elizabeth1962 Common Law Issues 50 05-25-2010 09:22 PM
Back Child Support myminpins Divorce & Family Law 7 12-10-2009 11:24 PM
Chances of a Judge agreeing to go back to original agreement canniiee Divorce & Family Law 10 10-20-2009 01:37 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:45 PM.