Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 05-09-2022, 10:49 AM

jubilee777 is on a distinguished road
Default No response

Good day all!

I am self rep. I requested 3 dates for a Settlement Conference with trial coordinators office (other party cc'd in email), received the dates and emailed the other party to ask which date worked for them. It's been a week and no response. How can I get a date booked if they continue to ignore me?
Old 05-10-2022, 08:24 AM

InsideOut is on a distinguished road

I had a similar situation and did the following. Im not a lawyer, but it worked for me.

Send a letter. My letter dated mmyydd requires a response. May I have a response?

Then one week later. I have not received a response to my letter dated mmyydd. I sent a request for your response on mmyydd and have still not heard back. X days have passed. My original letter is attached for convenience.

Do this for 3-4 weeks. And if you still dont get a response, they you can send a without prejudice offer to settle asking them to respond confirming availability for the settlement conference by date x, failing which you will be obligated to bring a motion to seek assistance from the judge and will be seeking costs.