Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 05-04-2022, 08:32 PM

kate331 is on a distinguished road

I am so sorry your going through this, my fault for reading the threads too quickly. I dont post much here anymore, as all is peaceful with my ex. Your situation caught my attention because I have a son who also no longer sees his dad and suffers from mental health issues, and I thought I could give some insight and suggestions.

This should definitely trigger CAS to move forward with a protection order.
Old 05-05-2022, 06:10 AM

Hide on Bush is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate331 View Post
I am so sorry your going through this, my fault for reading the threads too quickly. I dont post much here anymore, as all is peaceful with my ex. Your situation caught my attention because I have a son who also no longer sees his dad and suffers from mental health issues, and I thought I could give some insight and suggestions.

This should definitely trigger CAS to move forward with a protection order.
I sent an email to the CAS case worker about the reasons why a protection order wasn’t sought in addition to asking for a safety plan and position letter. We will see what comes from that.
Old 05-05-2022, 01:23 PM

rockscan, I'm hoping I can gather more of an opinion from you as you have been beyond helpful in condensing my wordy documents into short, relevant ones. I was hoping to gain some more assistance from you, or anyone, on how to word this.

C. Geographical Limitations

24. I have had sole decision-making responsibility, majority parenting-time, and residency of [the child] for the entirety of his life.

25. Between 2012 and 2019, I was under no geographical restriction and had the opportunity to move anywhere in the province of Ontario with [the child].

26. In 2019 I consented to a geographical boundary to which I could live with [the child] under the pretense that the Respondent would participate more in [the child's] life.

27. I affirm that [the child's] relationship with the Respondent was more positive when the Respondent resided in [Ex's old residence 200km away] rather than the present 20 minutes away.

28. My husband, [the child's] Step-Father, is a member of the Canadian Armed Forces and postings are a very common situation.

29. If a posting to were to occur, his Step-Father will be removed from the home due to the requirements to work to support his family while that same family not being able to follow due to the current geographical restrictions.

30. The current order only allows a posting to Ontario in which [the child] and I currently reside.

31. If [the child's] Step-Father gets posted to any other Canadian Forces base, [the child], his sister, and I, would be forced out of our home as we are currently in Military Housing, and will be forced to vacate if not posted to Ottawa.

32. In July 2021, the Respondent consented to an increase from 100 km to 150 km to allow a potential move to Kingston.

33. The Respondent later reneged on that agreement.

34. Due to the potential of [the child's] Step-Father being posted to one of the nine (9) separate locations across Ontario, I am seeking to increase the geographical boundary to which I can reside to include the entirety of the province of Ontario.

35. A move to a new location would still result in ensuring the Respondent's parenting-time is enacted as per the terms of the Order.

Last edited by Hide on Bush; 05-05-2022 at 01:30 PM.
Old 05-05-2022, 01:36 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

24. Other than a consent order in 2019 whereby I agreed to a geographical residency boundary, I have had sole decision-making, majority parenting-time, and residency of [the child] since he was born.

ON DATE, I remarried and my new spouse is a member of the Canadian Armed Forces and subject to relocation within Canada.

34. Due to the potential of [the child's] Step-Father being posted to one of the nine (9) separate locations across Ontario, I am seeking to increase the geographical boundary to which I can reside to include the entirety of the province of Ontario.
Old 05-05-2022, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post

24. Other than a consent order in 2019 whereby I agreed to a geographical residency boundary, I have had sole decision-making, majority parenting-time, and residency of [the child] since he was born.

ON DATE, I remarried and my new spouse is a member of the Canadian Armed Forces and subject to relocation within Canada.

Point proven right there. Thanks so much!
Old 05-05-2022, 02:04 PM

StillPaying has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide on Bush View Post
I was hoping to gain some more assistance from you, or anyone, on how to word this.
I see errors in each one of your statements and updated version.

If you continue to write your own material and go at this alone, I don't see anything going well for you with your case. You say you have a lawyer; let them properly write/represent you. This is not helping.
Old 05-05-2022, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillPaying View Post
I see errors in each one of your statements and updated version.
Errors such as what?