Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 10:07 AM

nowwhat is on a distinguished road
Default sunday evening or monday switch over

My daughter is 4.5 and we have been doing a 2/2/5/5 schedule. We are thinking of moving to a weeke on/ week off schedule. Is a sunday eve drop off (with a 15 min drive to the other parent's house) or a monday switch at daycare better?
Old 10-26-2011, 10:15 AM

Mess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the rough

Personally I prefer daycare switch, you can check in with the teachers, they get to know you and you hear how everything is going.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:25 AM

billm is on a distinguished road

Monday switch.

Sunday is part of the weekend.

Many times I have arrived home late with the kids and to drop them off at their mom's at that time would not be reasonable.

Also, when I don't have the kids, its nice to have a full weekend, which may mean being out late Sunday, or coming home Monday morning.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:26 AM

WorkingDAD is on a distinguished road

We do not use daycare yet (planning to introduce slowly next year) but have Monday morning exchange (I dropping off little one on my way to work) and it working great...

I personally prefer this over Sunday evening (what we had too before).
Old 10-26-2011, 10:51 AM

staysingle is on a distinguished road

Monday, there is less potential for conflict between parents. Leaving a full weekend both with your daughter and for you on your off week is huge!

Good question!
Old 10-26-2011, 01:08 PM

May_May is on a distinguished road

I on the other hand do a Sunday evening (4:00pm) switch. I like it because I get to pack up the kids lunch/snacks, ensure homework is done (because stbx never looks in their school bag Friday-Saturday-Sunday).
If either of us are visiting family on Sundays, both of our sides do big lunches...so we can easily drop off by 4 (or we flex on the time if needed...).
Old 10-26-2011, 02:06 PM

MiViLaLoco is on a distinguished road

We do 50/50...weekly rotation. After a few trial and errors we found that exhanges at the school or daycare work best.

We've had exchanges on Sunday, Monday, and now Friday. We moved it around based on what we felt was best for our child as well as based on what he was asking for.

Friday is by far what works best with us. Our son gets to spend 2 days at home with the parent he hasn't been with for a week. A great way to start the week

We also have a mid-week overnight visit on Monday with the parent he's not with that week. This is moved to Tuesday if there is a long-weekend.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:02 PM

ijwitbf is on a distinguished road

We do 50/50 and we switch at end of school day Friday. This seems to work well for us.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:00 AM

alarmguy1 is on a distinguished road

We also do a 50/50 split and switch end of school day friday. Found that it makes the school week a lot easier.
Closed Thread