Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Old 12-05-2021, 10:28 AM

ottawaparent is on a distinguished road
Default Is this urgent? ( decision-making)

Case conference has been heard.There is no order or agreement on decision making. Child is not meeting a specific developmental milestone for age. I found out after raising concerns to the ex about the issue and proposing we seek help, that a referral was made. Ex did not seek my input in the referral process , also did not inform me prior

Referral is almost a year away. I have also proposed that we do private treatment and other activities while we wait. Ex is ignoring all communications from me on the issue.

I want to move an urgent motion on this specific issue ( not all decisions-making) for sole decision-making, or shared.
Old 12-05-2021, 12:06 PM

StillPaying has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Now that you have finished your case conference, a regular motion can be brought. I don't see this as urgent.
Old 12-05-2021, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillPaying View Post
Now that you have finished your case conference, a regular motion can be brought. I don't see this as urgent.
Thanks for your response. In terms of decision-making what exactly qualifies for urgency even when it is potentially going to affect eligibility for regular schooling if not treated promptly. Also, a regular motion on this matter will likely takes months to be heard?
Old 12-05-2021, 02:28 PM

Usually stopping to post online questions takes away from the urgency.

You shouldn't be asking for any "custody". Honestly, this should probably be a 14B motion. Permission to pay for private services instead of waiting a year for public services.
Old 12-05-2021, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillPaying View Post
Usually stopping to post online questions takes away from the urgency.

You shouldn't be asking for any "custody". Honestly, this should probably be a 14B motion. Permission to pay for private services instead of waiting a year for public services.
You lost me at your first paragraph. what are you trying to say?
Old 12-05-2021, 03:20 PM

This is not an emergency nor urgent situation. You both agree there's an issue. Ex got the dr's referral and is currently waiting for it. The child is being taken care of.

You would like to include other options. If you don't want to wait a few weeks for a regular motion, you can (possibly should) bring a simple 14B motion.
Old 12-09-2021, 03:19 AM
Banned

pinkHouses has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

This is not something that will win you decision making but can help you later on if you show you were proactive and did the right things with the STB.
Your ex is manipulating you but you are also not being reasonable.

Inform her that you believe it is in your child's best interest to pay for a professional assessment now. Send her the information of who you think should do the assessment and how much it costs.

wait 1 week for a response.

If no response book and take the child for the assessment. Pay for it. Send negative result to ex. They can't complain "oh he did something good for my child" ask for money for it.

Later ask them for reimbursement as it was a special expense, as part of the final agreement. You can also threaten a motion for the money but I don't know if the judge will like the bickering.

Of course if you were wrong just drop it and don't ask for the money.

Last edited by pinkHouses; 12-09-2021 at 03:22 AM.
Old 12-09-2021, 10:05 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Searching this forum can be helpful:

https://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/...ad.php?t=13291

What defines urgency?
Old 12-09-2021, 11:08 AM
Banned

pinkHouses has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayken View Post
Searching this forum can be helpful:

https://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/...ad.php?t=13291

What defines urgency?
Read the rules for the region.

Each region has their own rules that determine what is urgent.
Believe it or not one parent taking 8 year old kids for 3 weeks and denying access while holding out for the 1st case conference is not considered urgent; that is what a judge stated and the rules were referred to.