Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travelled cross country and meeting with father of adult son....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry things didn't go well. Your Ex thinks a lot like mine. He cannot grasp how I would be entitled to anything after almost 30 years of marriage?

He also claims that his new lawyer ( he's on number 3 presently, as previous 2 disagreed with him - what nerve! )will do things exactly the way he wants them done, meaning I get screwed ... lovely.

Trial should be interesting in both our cases.

Comment

My "trial" or rather JDR was done and over in 2010. My ex just keeps making motions and dragging me to court trying to get divorce order overturned. He's tried "change of circumstances" about 7 times.

No he is hell bent on going back to the original 'trial' or JDR judge (futile) to re-examine the 2010 finances. Whoopee! If that judge decided to re-examine then I'd be entitled to much more money. It's doubtful that it gets to that though. Our current case management judge has refused (2 times in letters to his lawyer) to touch our "private" divorce judgement.

I did ask my ex if all he does is talk about me, our divorce with his g/f. That was the only time he was silent.

Comment

In Quebec you can have somebody declared a vextatious litigant and they are forbidden from making new motions without permission.

Comment

I'm wondering why if you don't want anything to do with the girlfriend why you would ask your husband about talking to his girlfriend? I realize you wanted to make an impact with your choice of words but I can't imagine it's helpful in having any hope of civility between you and your ex.

I'm not criticisizing you, although it may come across that way. But I think these little words slung here and there in an already hostile relationship between former spouses tally up and create havoc for all those involved. Of course, saying nothing also can have its consequences... I guess we are damned if we do, damned if we don't!

Comment

Originally posted by Serene View Post
            I'm wondering why if you don't want anything to do with the girlfriend why you would ask your husband about talking to his girlfriend? I realize you wanted to make an impact with your choice of words but I can't imagine it's helpful in having any hope of civility between you and your ex.

I'm not criticisizing you, although it may come across that way. But I think these little words slung here and there in an already hostile relationship between former spouses tally up and create havoc for all those involved. Of course, saying nothing also can have its consequences... I guess we are damned if we do, damned if we don't!
            No wondering at all she is pissed she got traded in for a younger better looking model....

Comment

Originally posted by Once.is.enough View Post
              No wondering at all she is pissed she got traded in for a younger better looking model....
              so you have met both Arabian and the exs gf?? If not then how can you make that statement?

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
                so you have met both Arabian and the exs gf?? If not then how can you make that statement?
                Take some time...well actually a lot of time and read her history.
                http://youtu.be/kXt5HEvYhlM
                Last edited by Once.is.enough; 08-29-2014, 07:13 PM.

Comment

I agree with Serene. One thing to always remember is that it will never be the same and both of you will always walk on egg shells around each other.

Even if you are both willing to be civilized together, one minor disagreement turns into a fucking shit storm and fingers start getting pointed and so on.

I know of many happily separated couples who actual spend time together as a whole family. Its nice to see, if it works. I doubt the ex and I will ever get to that point. Lets see if we can get through mediation next week first and take it from there

Comment

Though Arabian's comments might have been inappropriate I don't think it is nice to make the nasty comments, kettle meet pot

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
                      Though Arabian's comments might have been inappropriate I don't think it is nice to make the nasty comments, kettle meet pot
                      I don't think Arabian smokes pot but it might help her disposition if she started.

I think it would have went better if the met in person. She could have made sure it was a HAPPY ENDING...

LMAO
                      Last edited by Once.is.enough; 08-29-2014, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Once.is.enough View Post

Let's get one thing correct here - I kicked my ex's ass to the wind. It was my decision to end the marriage. Yes he's living with a younger woman (former employee's wife and younger than me by 5 years) but she isn't better looking. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder they say so I'm sure to my ex she's fantastic. When you get to be our age (me 57 - ex 61) compatibility, autonomy and respect for each other are much more important than the shallow stuff. You will understand this some day.

I'm not pissed off at all about him being with another person, actually I'm relieved I'm not with him and wish him health and happiness. I accept my faults in the demise of our marriage and merely want to move on with my life. We have a son and I had hoped he and son would have a relationship. I don't think that's going to happen. Sad but that's the way it is.

Comment

I'm wondering why if you don't want anything to do with the girlfriend why you would ask your husband about talking to his girlfriend?
                          Answer to your question Serene is simple - ex's g/f emails me frequently and attempts to play the go-between for us. She knows our case like the back of her hand (or so she thinks). You'd have to walk in my shoes to know what I put up with. I wish she would stay out of things and let the two of us get on with our lives. She is most certainly a major contributor to the continual litigation.

Today's conversation was interesting. My ex doesn't even know that his g/f is emailing me. So yes, I'm sure they will indeed have a conversation about this. My suspicions were correct. He doesn't even use email. He told me he still has a 'flip' cell phone. He never was one for technology. LOL.

If he wants to continue to take me to court there is nothing I can do about it. Only the judge can do something.

Yes my lawyer has brought up "vexatious litigant" repeatedly but judges don't seem to want to do anything about it. Hopefully that will change someday.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your interest and responses. I won't be talking to the ex in the foreseeable future. I did wish him well at one point in this conversation (when he paused for a breath from his incessant blathering).

Yes it is nice to be single.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
                              Let's get one thing correct here - I kicked my ex's ass to the wind. It was my decision to end the marriage. Yes he's living with a younger woman (former employee's wife and younger than me by 5 years) but she isn't better looking. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder they say so I'm sure to my ex she's fantastic. When you get to be our age (me 57 - ex 61) compatibility, autonomy and respect for each other are much more important than the shallow stuff. You will understand this some day.

I'm not pissed off at all about him being with another person, actually I'm relieved I'm not with him and wish him health and happiness. I accept my faults in the demise of our marriage and merely want to move on with my life. We have a son and I had hoped he and son would have a relationship. I don't think that's going to happen. Sad but that's the way it is.
                              Didn't she get all your money too? I thought your ex did leave you something if I remember correctly didn't he leave you his company?

Comment

Not his company - OUR company became MY company, stripped of most assets and riddled with debt. Yeah he really left me a pile LOL.

Money went into his g/f's bank account. Other assets were dispersed and hidden by family. This all happened within a very short period of time. If there is a "family court" matter corporate takes a back seat. Very complicated but trust me, I did everything within my power/ability to recoup my losses. Thus the reason for substantial SS.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X