This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Child Ottawa

I don't know if this is allowed to be posted here, however the Amber Alert Ontario posted this on facebook... if this is not allowed to be posted Mods, please delete, but I thought it was worth a try...

This is "not an AMBER Alert", this information is being posted to assist the Ottawa Police in their efforts to locate this child.

Jasmine Olleik, 9, was last seen Nov. 28 at 3 p.m. walking with a woman and getting into a blue four-door sedan on Blohm Drive, according to Ottawa police. Police said the girl is believed to be in the company of her mother, Nina Grebenschikov.

Jasmine is described as white, five feet one inch tall, with a slim build, with short dark brown hair and brown eyes. She was wearing a pink winter jacket and pink and brown boots the day she went missing.

Police describe Jasmine’s mother as white, 42 years old, five feet seven inches tall, weighing 125 pounds, with auburn hair and hazel eyes. She may have recently dyed her hair blonde.

If you have any information on the whereabouts of Jasmine Olleik please contact the Ottawa Police Service at 613-236-1222 extension 5407.

Another article to go along with this...the father has had full custody for 5 years....
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Berner_Faith; 12-05-2012, 03:05 PM. Reason: Add another article...

Originally posted by Berner_Faith View Post
    I don't know if this is allowed to be posted here, however the Amber Alert Ontario posted this on facebook... if this is not allowed to be posted Mods, please delete, but I thought it was worth a try...

This is "not an AMBER Alert", this information is being posted to assist the Ottawa Police in their efforts to locate this child.

Jasmine Olleik, 9, was last seen Nov. 28 at 3 p.m. walking with a woman and getting into a blue four-door sedan on Blohm Drive, according to Ottawa police. Police said the girl is believed to be in the company of her mother, Nina Grebenschikov.

Jasmine is described as white, five feet one inch tall, with a slim build, with short dark brown hair and brown eyes. She was wearing a pink winter jacket and pink and brown boots the day she went missing.

Police describe Jasmine’s mother as white, 42 years old, five feet seven inches tall, weighing 125 pounds, with auburn hair and hazel eyes. She may have recently dyed her hair blonde.

If you have any information on the whereabouts of Jasmine Olleik please contact the Ottawa Police Service at 613-236-1222 extension 5407.

Another article to go along with this...the father has had full custody for 5 years....
    I support the posting of this information to Ottawa Divorce. It should also be posted to the iChapeau message board as well.

I have been following this matter quite closely. I am amazed at how long the parent has been able to evade the police in this matter considering it has made front page news.

I truly hope the left-behind-parent in this matter contacts Mr. Stephen Watkins as requested by him.

Good Luck!
    Tayken

Comment

Thanks for posting this, BF. The more awareness, the better !

Comment

I no longer live in Ottawa, but any updates?

Comment

Father of missing girl makes appeal to estranged wife

Comment

Fairly happy ending to this one thankfully:

Missing Ottawa girl Jasmine Olleik found safe, mother arrested

By Doug Hempstead, Ottawa Sun

A 9-year-old Ottawa girl who had been missing since Nov. 28 has been found safe and sound in Durham Region, Ottawa police said Wednesday night.

Ottawa Insp. John Maxwell said Jasmine Olleik was found with her mother, Nina Grebenschikov, who was a suspect in taking the child away from her father, who has full custody of the girl.

Grebenschikov, 42, is to be returned to Ottawa on Thursday to face charges not only in relation to the abduction, but also for a number of outstanding fraud warrants.

Olleik’s father, Ahmad, travelled to southern Ontario to be with his daughter Wednesday.

Maxwell said his officers have been working around the clock trying to find the girl.

“It’s been very frustrating,” he said. “She went into the wind.”

He said officers used forensic evidence, spoke with friends of the family, witnesses, and teachers for clues as to Olleik’s whereabouts. Eventually, police were given two addresses to check in the Greater Toronto Area.

Working with detectives from Durham Region, surveillance was set up and on Wednesday the mother and daughter were spotted.

“It’s a great case of inter-departmental co-operation,” said Maxwell, adding five different Ottawa police units were involved in the investigation.

Maxwell said detectives are extremely satisfied at bringing the case to a close because many of them have children as well.

Linky: Missing Ottawa girl Jasmine Olleik found safe, mother arrested | Ottawa & Region | News | Ottawa Sun

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X