This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imputing income and Part Time

STBX is an RN and worked full time for 16yrs then moved to a job share/partime position for the last 10yrs....but worked appx 70% of FT hours.

Was not at work most of last year due to alcoholism and subsequent rehab but is back at work now..part time.

A full time RN with her experience makes about 85k/yr and while working PT, her income was usually around 55-65k/yr.

I work full time and make about 110/yr

Married 23yrs.

I am wondering about;

1) the odds of her being awarded SS....when she's capable of earning 80-85k/yr

2) is it worth pushing to have her wage imputed to that of a full-time RN (there are plenty of opportunities for FT work for her)

I am seeking 50/50 custody with a nesting arrangement (she and girls occupy the mat. home for 6wks.....followed by myself and the girls in the mat. home for 6wks)

Spousal support

I am not a lawyer, but watched my family matters in court several times
    with SS the most contested of all the issues. I also spent many days in
    Ontario Provincial Court to learn and to know what to expect. People will
    talk about "not being entitled" and she is more than capable of supporting
    herself etc..., which I agree.

From what I have seen they will imput her income in the 65k range and you will be paying long term SS, although relatively low quantom.

You can offer a buyout, I settled for a Final Order with a ending date, so the tax deduction helps.

Just an opinion, best of luck, Raven

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X