Sign Away Parental Rights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HammerDad View Post
    I didn't read anywhere where it said he is making more money. Just that the plant has done periodic layoffs and will be closing down. Nor did I see that she'd agree to a reduction. It may be another thread, or I may have missed it here.

Yes, the OP's ex, if his income is lower, should be asking the OP to consent to a reduction based off of his income. And that they complete the form on consent and file it with FRO.

I also agree that not supporting ones children isn't acceptable, and his comments are completely inappropriate. But what people say out of stress and anger shouldn't be given much weight. OP should've brushed it off as such instead of embracing the idea.

I'm not sure the OP understands completely that the ex really can't just "sign away his rights". The threat to do so over money is deplorable. If he already didn't give the OP sole custody, I'm sure it would do wonders in obtaining that sole custody.

I think filing with FRO is an excellent idea. It will get the ex off his ass and make him to something for himself, instead of trying to make the OP do it for him. And someone else will have to deal with him, not her.

Comment

Originally posted by ms mom View Post
      in my humble opinion, the op can't do for the ex what the ex needs to do for himself. He needs to stand on his own two feet and take care of his problems instead of making them the ops.

thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X