Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• imputing income

Hiya,

4 years now and the ex is still not employed.
    If/when I take them to court do they backdate the imputed income or does it start on the day the ruling is made?

Almost certainly not backdated, unless you could prove that your ex went deliberately and maliciously out of her way to remain unemployed. Now, she possibly did, but knowing it and proving it are not the same thing.

Even the imputing of income (should you be successful) might not be immediate.

eg. No income imputed until December, then $10k imputed until April 2022, then $20k imputed until Dec 2022, and then $28k imputed thereafter.

Comment

I'm interested in this

Ex is a nurse, had active liscence until December 31 2019. The legislation around the cno will show considerable inconsistencies in that she had to go to the non-working class.

It is too difficult to type for this post, but basically she did not have to and did nothing to maintain her nursing ability.

She had not worked at hospital since 2016 but worked for me . Either way during pandemic she could have had emergency reinstatement to work even contact tracing but again lied about her eligibility. For her to get active liscence now will take years.

It's been 2.5 years and she has not made any efforts to work (she's 36) and both kids in school full time and they are with me on the weekends. So I am interested in how that will play out because she could be making easily over 50k a year..if she wanted to. Prolly 80-90k working full time.

The bigger fish is bringing her to court for contempt on access..which will destroy her credibility anyways. It's getting impossible to fund 2 houses and legal bills despite my job especially in the setting of parental alienation and lots of court.

Should add, date of separation Sept 1 2018. So really only a short period of not working outside the home. But lisence was active for all of 2019, but did nothing to maintain it during 2019 and then rendered herself inactive in 2019. Went to states every weekend for shopping as well when could have done courses or even worked at.mcdonalds lol
      Last edited by Kkc; 03-27-2021, 08:52 PM. Reason: Forgot something

Comment

hey Kkc - I haven't been on here for a long time but am taking a break from work (yes still working for the workaholic boss). I will have to read your posts to catch up but have to comment IS THAT CRAZY BITCH STILL NOT WORKING???? It has got to suck for you and others who have to proceed through this pandemic. I had hoped the two of you would have sorted things out by now.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X