X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• section 7

Hi Everyone.

I have a question regarding this and was wondering a little guidance

The ex is indicating that My daughter grade 8 trip is a section 7. I have my kids 50/50 and pay offset chid support.

Also indicating that my older ones Driving school should be the same ? as she just completed her beginners. I have no issue contributing my share to either but I really in sure if they should be the 70/30

How much is the trip?

Drivers lessons are normally $900. Thats a section 7 in my opinion. You could suggest the three of you split it three ways with kid kicking in a third.

Comment

The school trip is $750.00

Comment

Thats section 7.

Comment

I've tried looking and seems these are mixed expenses.
          Thanks Rockscan always appreciated

Comment

Zanman - it can be deemed either way. Was just in court myself and ex wanted a $600.00 trip as S7. Judge indicated that given the amount of CS I pay, it was not an S7 expense. Being 50-50, I suspect your CS isn't exorbitant so it "could" be deemed as such. I do not have 50-50 access and pay significant CS ($1662.00)/mth
            Unfortunately - this probably doesn't answer your question to your satisfaction.

Comment

In my personal opinion they should be if they cost several hundred dollars. If it is something small, I dont ask for any reimbursement for section 7, but if it is a big trip and its for school or another section 7 expense and going to cost a lot then I would think it should be considered a section 7 expense. I haven't tested those waters though.

Zanman , in your case if it wasnt a setion 7, was it then considered a shared expense at 50/50 or an unshared expense where the ex paid all of it?

Comment

I currently have my girls 50/50 and pay $890.00 in CS
                I'm just trying to plan savings wise as my ex tries to Nickle and Dime me for everything , I have paid the 70/30 for the grade 8 trip just wasn't sure for a driving school.

Comment

In most the cases I have read on S.7 that had driving school as an issue, judges generally found it to be s.7.

Comment

Depending on your CS. trip is iffy.
                    And did she ask beforehand? But you paid. So doesn’t matter
                    I’d say driving school is as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X