This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex Spouses & Pensions:

I just have a question regarding ex spouses and there pensions. Is it true that a first wife/husband has the rights to there ex spouses pensions either work or CPP when they pass away even if they re-marry? What I mean is if a couple divorces then they re-marry I heard that the first spouse has the rights to there pensions if the ex spouse passes away and that it doesn't go to the second spouse if they happen to re-marry which could mean a person could die of old age and been re-married for years and years and the first spouse even though now divorced gets his or her pensions??? Just found that really disturbing if it is true so I wanted to find out. Someone mentioned it's only if you had the first set of children with that person does that come into play but I wasn't sure. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X