Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Old 10-03-2019, 05:55 PM

Stillbreathing will become famous soon enough
Default Disputing Forensic accountant’s bill

Does anyone know how to go about disputing a forensic accountant’s bill? The accountant was hired jointly by my ex and I to go over my ex’s income and was supposed to speak to each of us if he had any questions. He prepared an incomplete draft report after many months based on erroneous assumptions on his part. He was supposed to talk to each of us if he had questions in order to complete the report. We have each paid 5000.00 to him and his bill came in at another 7500.00 for each of us. He refuses to fix the report without further monies other than already billed. He has not provided a detailed accounting to justify the 7500.00 bill he says each of us are owing. I think his bill is outrageous and would like to challenge it. How do I go about doing so?
Old 10-04-2019, 05:30 PM

rollingesto is on a distinguished road

Do you have a copy of the engagement letter that would likely have been signed at the outset? I’d start there...
Old 10-04-2019, 10:06 PM

Stillbreathing will become famous soon enough

Yes I do. The accountant is far more expensive than my lawyer! Totally insane!
Old 10-05-2019, 12:10 PM

rollingesto is on a distinguished road

If this individual has a professional designation then I would presume there is an avenue available to pursue disputes. Not sure of your specifics but as an example:

https://www.cpaontario.ca/stewardshi...ees-resolution