Trial in 10 days...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WorkingDAD View Post
    Funny, I do not think I can write better than this ...
    Rule#1 stay away.
    rule#2 - read rule #1
    Too late. We are on the way.

Comment

HAHAHAHA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by trinton View Post

A DIY guide by WD after his 3rd trial wouldn't be bad.
        You know that its seriously not a bad idea.

Comment

Too late. We are on the way.

I think maybe WD meant "stay away" from going to trial.

Comment

Best to you vocal father. You have a challenge ahead of you that's for sure! Did your ex ever go for any sort of mental health assessment through the years? What sort of witnesses are you bringing to your trial?

Comment

Originally posted by plainNamedDad44 View Post
              I think maybe WD meant "stay away" from going to trial.
              we're on the way regardless. our co-parents are unreasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
                Best to you vocal father. You have a challenge ahead of you that's for sure! Did your ex ever go for any sort of mental health assessment through the years? What sort of witnesses are you bringing to your trial?

She never complied with the judge's multiple requests for an eval. Kept delaying and delaying hence why the judge forced to trial. We got delayed in Jan due to Med issues. She is now, for the third time, trying to dispute the merits of the OCL report bc she says it's too old (late2015/early 2016) but every judge has stopped this due to it being an attempt at yet another stall tactic. Our witnesses range from CAS to med professionals who have witnessed attempts for her to allege false abuse to character witnesses. Don't want to say too much prior to trial. Our courts here are so frustrating as you are "on call". God willing we start Mon or Tues. 7 years too long!!!!

Comment

we're on the way regardless. our co-parents are unreasonable.

Amen to that!!!!

Comment

So trial#3 is done.

I do not think mom got unsupervised as requested (it very hard to do when your case about that you changed and you own expert said you stuck and did not change) but everything else needs to wait for judge decision in a 2-3 month or so.

so fingers crossed...

WD

Comment

So trial#3 is done.

I do not think mom got unsupervised as requested (it very hard to do when your case about that you changed and you own expert said you stuck and did not change) but everything else needs to wait for judge decision in a 2-3 month or so.

so fingers crossed...

WD
                      I bet you did a great job WD. Time to relax a bit. Trial probably took some energy.

Comment

Originally posted by LovingFather32 View Post
                        I bet you did a great job WD. Time to relax a bit. Trial probably took some energy.
                        Thank you, will see soon was it good enought or not.

It took all the energy and some borrowed from weeks to come. Can't really relax and need to get back to work ...

WD

Comment

Just keep on pumping out caselaw that will work to promote change and stop scheming parents in their tracks. I for one am inspired and grateful for all your hard work.

Comment

Normally I try to come up with some sort of epigraph (like "Legal AID give you wings" for example

In this one in my closing, I said that epigraph for this trial should be

"If one judge did not believe it does not mean another will not believe it.." what mom said during cross when I asked her if she tried to pull my English is not good card and multiple judges did not agree with that...

so there were some funny moments this time too.

or when she was asked if she sees anything wrong in a situation when she claims that she supports her child and ask me to return toys from a kinder egg she gave him and she said No.

Unbelievable and sad...
                            WD

Comment

Normally I try to come up with some sort of epigraph (like "Legal AID give you wings" for example

In this one in my closing, I said that epigraph for this trial should be

"If one judge did not believe it does not mean another will not believe it.." what mom said during cross when I asked her if she tried to pull my English is not good card and multiple judges did not agree with that...
                              Which is the proverb:

'Tis a lesson you should heed:
                              Try, try, try again.
                              If at first you don't succeed,
                              Try, try, try again.
                              -- William Edward Hickson

To be frank, I have never seen a case where a litigant brings an expert and their own expert throws them under the bus, throws gasoline on them and then lights them on fire. Then offers the best thing to do to for their client is to check themselves into a residential treatment program.

so there were some funny moments this time too.
                              To which I will modify the proverb:

'Tis a lesson you should heed:
                              Purge, purge, purge again.
                              If at first you don't succeed,
                              Barf, barf, barf again.
                              -- Tayken

or when she was asked if she sees anything wrong in a situation when she claims that she supports her child and ask me to return toys from a kinder egg she gave him and she said No.
                              There were quite a few of them. But, the proverb is my fave...

Good Luck!
                              Tayken

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
                                Which is the proverb:

To be frank, I have never seen a case where a litigant brings an expert and their own expert throws them under the bus, throws gasoline on them and then lights them on fire. Then offers the best thing to do to for their client is to check themselves into a residential treatment program.
                                at the very least, the guy was honest and did not really say anything that is not in his report. I think what is really bizarre here is why someone would bring such report to court - Maybe because they are delusional and in denial ... (as report said)

but that was definitely quite a turnaround
                                - R your honor I would like to object for this expert to bring forward his report and testify since it not related to the issue at hand (therapy)
                                - G - I am going to allow it
                                - E she is delusional and stuck. Nothing change. No therapy that I am aware of
                                - G In that recent test you had couple weeks ago did you see any differences. ...
                                - R your honor I would like to object to this since it not part of the report nor I was aware of any additional tests... we should not talk about it
                                - G - I agree but I want to make sure I am not missing something big
                                - E - No changes your honor
                                - R I still believe that is not fair to the respondent to even discuss this...

so yea that was very different and interesting ...

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X