Ottawa Divorce .com Forums


User CP

New posts

Advertising

  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-18-2019, 11:18 PM
Mom 2 Two Mom 2 Two is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 474
Mom 2 Two is on a distinguished road
Default School Parental Apps

Ok... is it normal for the gf of your ex to add herself to all the school apps that teachers use to communicate with the parents. She even used my exs last name.
Any step moms or dads on here communicate with their step kids teachers?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-19-2019, 03:39 PM
Selfrepmom Selfrepmom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 255
Selfrepmom is on a distinguished road
Default

My exs gf did. My daughters school uses the SeeSaw app, so when she started school last year I gave my ex the sign in info. Lo and behold its his gf that signed up for it. I think because she already had an account (her kids school uses the same app).
I can always tell whether its her or my ex leaving comments on photos etc based on spelling and grammar lmao. Sometimes theyll leave double comments on the same pic, both under her name. 3/4 of the time its her commenting though.

It did strike me as a little strange (I wouldnt dream of doing it with my boyfriends daughters, his ex would have my head lol) but I never let it bother me. I mean realistically he could have signed up under his own name and still shared all the info with her.

Definitely another example of your exs gf butting her nose in where it doesnt belong, but ultimately its your exs decision to give her that power. Dont let it bother you
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-20-2019, 07:15 AM
Mom 2 Two Mom 2 Two is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 474
Mom 2 Two is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selfrepmom View Post
My exs gf did. My daughters school uses the SeeSaw app, so when she started school last year I gave my ex the sign in info. Lo and behold its his gf that signed up for it. I think because she already had an account (her kids school uses the same app).

I can always tell whether its her or my ex leaving comments on photos etc based on spelling and grammar lmao. Sometimes theyll leave double comments on the same pic, both under her name. 3/4 of the time its her commenting though.



It did strike me as a little strange (I wouldnt dream of doing it with my boyfriends daughters, his ex would have my head lol) but I never let it bother me. I mean realistically he could have signed up under his own name and still shared all the info with her.



Definitely another example of your exs gf butting her nose in where it doesnt belong, but ultimately its your exs decision to give her that power. Dont let it bother you


Thanks for the feedback... nice to know its not just my ex who has a controlling partner.

I called the school. Sent them the paperwork showing I have custody. She has been removed. They were quite concerned that she used a false last name.

If and when they get married... then ok maybe...
also the teacher informed me of their lies... saying they had not been given anything for the start of school. That they had to ask their son when meet the teacher night is???

Its funny I keep all my emails and the second day of school when all the paperwork comes home as per usual its always scanned and emailed to dad and gfs joint email account.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-20-2019, 10:07 AM
Selfrepmom Selfrepmom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 255
Selfrepmom is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom 2 Two View Post
also the teacher informed me of their lies... saying they had not been given anything for the start of school. That they had to ask their son when meet the teacher night is???

Its funny I keep all my emails and the second day of school when all the paperwork comes home as per usual its always scanned and emailed to dad and gfs joint email account.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why arent you just instructing the school/teacher to send dad this info directly? My boyfriends daughters teacher emails him every week with updates etc. my daughters school does the same with my ex. They even send out two report cards for us. I have ZERO interest in being the middle man between my ex and our daughters school because

A) It means I have 1 more reason why I need to communicate with him
B) It opens up another avenue of criticism (you didnt give me document A, why wasnt I informed of event B) My babysitting duties with him ended when I left his ass. Hes a big boy, and so is your ex. Let them communicate with the school and figure it out themselves. Remove yourself from the equation.

As for the app issue- good that they removed her, but guaranteed someone that controlling will just sign up a new account under your exs name and continue to monitor everything.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-20-2019, 10:12 AM
Mom 2 Two Mom 2 Two is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 474
Mom 2 Two is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selfrepmom View Post
Why arent you just instructing the school/teacher to send dad this info directly? My boyfriends daughters teacher emails him every week with updates etc. my daughters school does the same with my ex. They even send out two report cards for us. I have ZERO interest in being the middle man between my ex and our daughters school because



A) It means I have 1 more reason why I need to communicate with him

B) It opens up another avenue of criticism (you didnt give me document A, why wasnt I informed of event B) My babysitting duties with him ended when I left his ass. Hes a big boy, and so is your ex. Let them communicate with the school and figure it out themselves. Remove yourself from the equation.



As for the app issue- good that they removed her, but guaranteed someone that controlling will just sign up a new account under your exs name and continue to monitor everything.


The teachers and principals were definitely instructed to communicate with dad.

I sent the info at begin of school as a courtesy. I wont be sending anything. Dad is also signed up for the apps... as I can se his name. So if she needs to know she can get updates from dad. Not directly from the teachers.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-20-2019, 10:32 AM
rockscan rockscan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5,352
rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough
Default

Im telling you all that these women are simply control freaks who are also trolling you.

They didnt get what they wanted in court the other day so now they are determined to push themselves into everything possible as a way to fuck with you.

Ask yourself thiscan you prove that you did enough to ensure they had the info? If the answer is yes then stop worrying about it. Who cares if these people are on apps, sending emails or going to the school? Are you angry because they are pushy and controlling? If yes then take a deep breath. If you get rattled by someone as insecure as your exs new partner then you have lost focus.

They are only doing this to say we had to go and get it from the school ourselves. The judge will say so?

Let them get the info. Let dad show up. You cant argue dad doesnt take an interest and then get angry when his gf forces him to do so. It is not going to have an impact on your case. Getting info from the school is not a material change.

In other words, let it go. Ignore. Move on. Find something else to do. Laugh at their stupidity.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-20-2019, 10:41 AM
Berner_Faith Berner_Faith is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ontario
Posts: 3,370
Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough
Default

My step kids school doesnt use an app, but they do have a FB page... I follow the pages for updates and important info... my husband has FB but doesnt really use it, his ex also rarely passes along info and other than report cards the school doesnt mail double info... so if I see something on the FB I do send it to my husband and hell ask his ex about it... I guess the difference is anyone can like a FB page, the app seems like a more personal student portal though so I see that as different


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-20-2019, 10:53 AM
Mom 2 Two Mom 2 Two is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 474
Mom 2 Two is on a distinguished road
Default School Parental Apps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berner_Faith View Post
My step kids school doesnt use an app, but they do have a FB page... I follow the pages for updates and important info... my husband has FB but doesnt really use it, his ex also rarely passes along info and other than report cards the school doesnt mail double info... so if I see something on the FB I do send it to my husband and hell ask his ex about it... I guess the difference is anyone can like a FB page, the app seems like a more personal student portal though so I see that as different


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Exactly... there are several places where they both can get information... I sent them the link that actually fills in on your phone calendar as to school events. We have Twitter and Facebook school pages as well. The app is a direct link to the teacher. And sure dad should most definitely use this. But for a non step mom to add herself separately with dads last name... is just more overstepping.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Mom 2 Two; 09-20-2019 at 11:05 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-20-2019, 11:51 AM
Janus's Avatar
Janus Janus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,484
Janus will become famous soon enoughJanus will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom 2 Two View Post
Ok... is it normal for the gf of your ex to add herself to all the school apps that teachers use to communicate with the parents. She even used my exs last name.

I think that is between the dad and the gf.


My ex has her long term boyfriend on those apps. I may or may not like it, but that is not my call.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-20-2019, 01:40 PM
iona6656 iona6656 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 847
iona6656 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom 2 Two View Post
I called the school. Sent them the paperwork showing I have custody. She has been removed. They were quite concerned that she used a false last name.
Are you sure you should be doing that?

I mean- it kinda looks a bit (re: a lot) high conflict. If your file ends up at trial- they could end up spinning this as you being uber controlling and not even allowing information to be passed to the gf. It feels gatekeeper'ish.

Does her having the information interfere with your boys in any way? Or is it just her flexing?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to stop ex changing child's school? opticnerve Divorce & Family Law 18 08-19-2019 08:48 PM
How do you pick a school with 50/50 lumpy Parenting Issues 2 09-21-2010 03:29 PM
Child Support and Private School JPMAC Financial Issues 7 02-04-2010 11:19 AM
What school should they attend? PLEASE HELP! HappyMomma Parenting Issues 9 10-31-2009 08:55 AM
School not providing me with information Wendel Parenting Issues 6 04-20-2009 03:41 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:54 AM.