All Done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Done!

Well, my divorce is finished. The ex finally signed my last offer to settle a few weeks ago, signed the minutes of settlement last week and I go in to sign the final divorce order tomorrow.

4 years and 8 months....

Bottom line, it was completely worth everything I went through and then some. I finished up with a settlement that I'm very happy with given the circumstances.

Divorce was the best gift I could have possibly given my children and myself...aside from actually giving birth to them. Its no coincidence that since I got divorced everything in my life and my children's lives has gotten better on every level.

I spent the weekend looking at rings since now I'm free to get engaged to my partner.

If you're going through a divorce, the one thing I could tell you is that things do get better and better with time as long as you don't dwell in bitterness and anger.

BRAVO!!!!!!
    WOOOOPEEEEE!
    And
    CONGRATS !!!!

Comment

Thank you Janibel!

Comment

Really happy for you! It warms my heart to see that there is hope for us poor souls stuck in legal hell lol! Four years and 8 months - is a long time to go through limbo, but like you say - well worth the aggravation.

Comment

congratulations and best wishes on your new life - may you have an apres-divorce life without being dragged back to court (if that happens leave the country)!!!!!

Comment

great news!! CONGRATS!!

Comment

congrats congrats congrats

I agree that if you don't dwell on the past but enjoy your new freedom you will be HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

Mine was 5 years.... it is all done...except...if you can believe it...waiting for him to finish the paper work for the civil divorce!!!!

Comment

Congratulations!! Very happy for you.

Comment

Thank you very much everyone. I very much appreciate the well wishes!

Comment

Congratulations! Great news, and a new beginning!

Comment

Congrats! I know its a big relief to get through it.

I've been through mine for a while....My GF on the other hand...had a court order 3 years back and hasn't yet done the paperwork.

Comment

Congrats.

I agree with you life is better after divorce.

And once again thank you for all your help.

Comment

Congratulations!

I am a firm believer in moving on and focusing on yourself and your kids. Holding on to anger and resentment (and a boatload of other crap) against the ex only makes one's own life more miserable and prevents them from finding happiness.

Comment

I should really get on that myself. It's been years of being lazy and busy and not wanting to rock the agreement boat.

Glad to hear life has turned out great for you!

Comment

Yay! Congratulations.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X