Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say the lawyer is trying to blow smoke up yer arse.

Maybe one of the lawyers on the forum will chime in here. I'm not a lawyer.

I'd simply decline and cite the reference you have noted above^. Keep your response short and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
      I find it pretty amazing that in determining SS a lawyer requested the opposing party's g/f's income and it was freely given. I can see that for undue hardship but certainly not for determining SS. Someone got hooked up with some pretty lousy legal advice on that one. Amazing really.

Please refer to Form 13.1, Finacial Disclosure. Yes, you do have to disclose all income in the house hold to claim or respond to spousal support. Here is a sample from that form:

PART 3: OTHER INCOME EARNERS IN THE HOME
      Complete this part only if you are making or responding to a claim for undue hardship or spousal support.

Comment

When there is an undue hardship claim, household income must be disclosed and considered. That doesn't support is automatically based on that income, but it must be disclosed and then you can make your arguments about whether it should be relevant.

If the ex is being supported by his parents then he must disclose their income too.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X