No announcement yet.

The "Process"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the current advice on my thread sidelines and once is enough. Very much appreciated.
    Nobody wants emotional reactions but they dont refrain from initiating them. I dont get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LovingFather32 View Post
      Thanks for the current advice on my thread sidelines and once is enough. Very much appreciated.
      just remember...no matter how the grandmother is involved or how you may blame her for stuff. She still is the childs grandma and your daughter loves her.

Comment

• Yes and furthermore how does it impact your ability to parent?. I have seen some conflicting judgements but there have been more than a few times a judge has said: these parents sure fight a lot and they can't control themselves but I don't see that impacting the parents ability to be a good parent.

So not only do I firmly believe now that spending too much time disproving isn't necessary I also think you can plead that nothing in the alleged behavior reflects on your ability to parent.

You were abusive to D3 in your language or actions so how is this really relevant.

I know I know...(I can hear them already) in some cases judges will say an inability to control your anger my pour over into care of the child but this case isn't one of those....chairs didn't fly...she's claiming abusive language

The judge might say: even if I believe these allegations to be true and while there is no substantial evidence here for me to evaluate if arguments did transpire that were heated it seems they are a result of a volatile relationship...these two just don't get along - this is not exhibited in other areas of his life and with d3...eg working with children etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
          just remember...no matter how the grandmother is involved or how you may blame her for stuff. She still is the childs grandma and your daughter loves her.
          No need to stand in her corner. Ive never debated that. What about my poor mom...her nanny?

Ex's mom should stop encouraging her daughter to shut out dad and extended family. Should also stop calling me names in front of d3. Or D3 will eventually catch on and turn on her.
          Last edited by LovingFather32; 08-27-2014, 06:28 PM.

Comment

No need to stand in her corner. Ive never debated that. What about my poor mom...her nanny?

Ex's mom should stop encouraging her daughter to shut out dad and extended family. Should also stop calling me names in front of d3. Or D3 will eventually catch on and turn on her.
            never said what she was doing was right.

Comment

• Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
              never said what she was doing was right.
              Its just hard to watch my own mother suffer. D3 and her have a very special relationship. She loves my mom too.... nobody seems to bring that up.

Ive never called ex's mom a name in my life. Never will. This stuff is between you and Mr. T. Perhaps to be handled in PM land. IMO
              Last edited by LovingFather32; 08-27-2014, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Ignore it. Just seeking a reaction. Yep .. this is where his/her life is at. Literally makes popcorn and causes trouble on chat forums. Judging by his/her messages can't be more than 16 years old. If so, even more sad. Doesn't aggravate me. Makes me feel bad for the poor soul.
                Hmmmm whose the poor soul. You crying over losing their child or me who has been through it and come out with sole custody?

I try to inject some sarcasm and break up the intense drama that this has become.

I would suggest you take a break from the drama and do something for yourself that's relaxing. Relieve some stress.

Go out. Get drunk. Get laid. I understand Arabian May be available.

If that doesn't work try fishing.

I can assure you your compatriots in the drama will be waiting for you when you return refreshed and relaxed.

Comment

• Yes stop taunting LF32 - your comments aren't helpful at all this really isn't moving the discussion forward. He hasn't said anything antagonizing about the mother and really she is the least of anyone's worry in all of this.

How about we keep comments to the topic at hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Once.is.enough View Post
                    Hmmmm whose the poor soul. You crying over losing their child or me who has been through it and come out with sole custody?

I try to inject some sarcasm and break up the intense drama that this has become.

I would suggest you take a break from the drama and do something for yourself that's relaxing. Relieve some stress.

Go out. Get drunk. Get laid. I understand Arabian May be available.

If that doesn't work try fishing.

I can assure you your compatriots in the drama will be waiting for you when you return refreshed and relaxed.
                    Well .. I do need to get out. Won't argue with you there.

Comment

• Why and more Why's are good....keep asking questions and looking for answers to them

LF32 your new at this, there is nothing here out of the ordinary.

Any matter in Family Court goes your route, it's typical.

One parent wants to give Junior a pudding cup....the other parent says NO.

Application is filed
                      Reply is returned

Court date set 30 or so days later. CC date made

2 to 3 months CC done

2 to 3 months SC done

2 to 3 months TMC done

2 or 3 month your on a Trial list waiting for the call.

That's the process for defining if Junior gets a pudding cup. It doesn't matter to the Court process what the issue is.

in between the above process...you've made a motion and will do another. Your case if you add up the months above is slightly behind, but ahead on the main issue. (or was until another allegation)....but that false allegation was brought to a conclusion and used against OP

The point is although your frustration is warranted...the process grinds along oblivious to people.

Two Judges have given you access....OP keeps shutting it down....a third Judge may not find the humour in that.

Allegations are made...but they are weak and the law around it is even weaker.

he smoke...she smokes
                      he drinks..she drinks
                      he yells ...she yells
                      Does couples arguing make kids cry...sure do.

So who's worse.....and who decided who was worse.....and the person that decided "that" what did they do to fix it for the child's best interests.

Nothing ....WHY....what possible good is that for a child?
                      Last edited by MrToronto; 08-27-2014, 07:07 PM.

Comment

• Arabian will only go to bed with men who have a a very large .................................................. ............................................PENSIO N

Comment

• Originally posted by arabian View Post
                          Arabian will only go to bed with men who have a a very large .................................................. ............................................PENSIO N
                          I'm self employed mines small.

Comment

• large pension
                            own teeth

Two marketable assets for men in my age range

Comment

• Originally posted by MrToronto View Post
                              Why and more Why's are good....keep asking questions and looking for answers to them

LF32 your new at this, there is nothing here out of the ordinary.

Any matter in Family Court goes your route, it's typical.

One parent wants to give Junior a pudding cup....the other parent says NO.

Application is filed
                              Reply is returned

Court date set 30 or so days later. CC date made

2 to 3 months CC done

2 to 3 months SC done

2 to 3 months TMC done

2 or 3 month your on a Trial list waiting for the call.

That's the process for defining if Junior gets a pudding cup. It doesn't matter to the Court process what the issue is.

in between the above process...you've made a motion and will do another. Your case if you add up the months above is slightly behind, but ahead on the main issue. (or was until another allegation)....but that false allegation was brought to a conclusion and used against OP

The point is although your frustration is warranted...the process grinds along oblivious to people.

Two Judges have given you access....OP keeps shutting it down....a third Judge may not find the humour in that.

Allegations are made...but they are weak and the law around it is even weaker.

he smoke...she smokes
                              he drinks..she drinks
                              he yells ...she yells
                              Does couples arguing make kids cry...sure do.

So who's worse.....and who decided who was worse.....and the person that decided "that" what did they do to fix it for the child's best interests.

Nothing ....WHY....what possible good is that for a child?
                              More why's:

WHY hasnt she asked that I do anger mgmnt to start resolving issues if I'm so bad?

WHY not say I need AA course if I'm such an alcoholic while we work on 50/50?

WHY did she not express concerns for 8 years?

WHY didnt we try family counseling? Why didnt she try to even talk about anything before her rash decisions.

Why did she get legal counsel before a shelter, etc?

Why is she depriving my whole extended family?

Why call ocl when d3 said she had a bath? Why not police or CAS?

Why is she not trying to resolve anything at all? Purely concentrating on her status quo?
                              Last edited by LovingFather32; 08-27-2014, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• Agreed. And this has been posted in past few months but worth posting again...
                                CanLII - 2014 ONCJ 39 (CanLII)

This guy actually pushed his wife but because they were both party to it...it isn't considered abuse. Sounds like a lot of yelling and screaming but it didn't justify the mothers bad behavior.

This guy would have gotten sole custody if he had asked for it.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X