This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCL Coming Over

Hey everyone. My OCL investigator is coming over to my house tomorrow night to make sure my home is safe for a child. I have supervised access right now at an Access Center and the OCL is investigating whether it should remain this way.

The investigator says this home visit will be the second last thing he does in the investigation, the last step will be a final interview with me so I'm pretty anxious. Such a nervous time these OCL investigations.

I've been clean and sober for the last 18 months, I've had a spotless access record with my daughter for the last 13 months, I believe the Access Center notes are all positive so I'm praying I've done all I can do.

The investigator is aiming for the end of May to have the disclosure meeting.

Wish me luck!
    AD

I had a similar experience recently.

You have my best wishes...hope it goes well.

Comment

Hoping all goes well for you and congrats on your sobriety!!

Comment

AccessDad-You have worked hard to get to this point ! Good luck...

Comment

Hi Access DAD, any tips?
          she has de-facto custody, i have unsupervised access, OCL is involved on my request (court order) due to the mother being psycho, attempted suicide and threatening to hurt the child etc.
          I am also asking for 50/50
          OCL investigator is coming over, due to be being thrown out of my place by her, i have almost no possessions, just a dining table and a mattress and a laptop. (besides that i have bought toys etc for the child) i am afraid OCL may say you dont have sufficient means to take care of the child in case of 50/50
          of course i will build up slowly, but what do i do right now.

Comment

I have a tip: avoid reffering to the mother as 'psycho'. Attempting suicide does NOT mean someone is psycho, however it does appear that she has some mental health issues to be addressed.

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
              I have a tip: avoid reffering to the mother as 'psycho'. Attempting suicide does NOT mean someone is psycho, however it does appear that she has some mental health issues to be addressed.
              ::LIKE::

Cheers!

Gary

Comment

AD: No "good luck" wishes for you, as you don't need any: You've got it figured out, now keep it up!

Just be "you" and you'll be fine. The OCL investigator knows BS when (s)he smells it and this is one of the things that (s)he'll be looking for. Honesty impresses - go with it.

Cheers, Brother, and keep it up!

Gary

Comment

just be yourself and try not to oversell.

Comment

Originally posted by sahibjee View Post
                    Hi Access DAD, any tips?
                    she has de-facto custody, i have unsupervised access, OCL is involved on my request (court order) due to the mother being psycho, attempted suicide and threatening to hurt the child etc.
                    I am also asking for 50/50
                    OCL investigator is coming over, due to be being thrown out of my place by her, i have almost no possessions, just a dining table and a mattress and a laptop. (besides that i have bought toys etc for the child) i am afraid OCL may say you dont have sufficient means to take care of the child in case of 50/50
                    of course i will build up slowly, but what do i do right now.
                    I would just explain it to the OCL the way you've explained it here. Of course, you know you'll have to have furniture, beds etc in order for your child to stay with you. I would think the OCL will make sure and check at a later time before making his/her decision that your place is suitable and safe for your child.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X