Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people so cheap when it comes to kids?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sounds like a case of spoiled adult child. I though major expenses have to be pre-approved by both parents. Maybe adult-child should be reminded of this. Life is full of difficult choices.

adult-child will probably pull the same stunt again.

Comment

Thank you for your advice. Do you know where it says major expenses have to be approved by both parents?

He has just sent his ex the separation agreement and I am waiting to
      see what she fires back.

I would like to keep this out of court but I don't want his ex to take advantage of us.

I am thinking if I can copy and paste the section of the legislation I
      can send it to the ex. We are perfectly fine with paying reasonable expenses. In fact I provided her will all the household goods she would
      need for her new accomodations.

Thanks again

Comment

When I went to college, my parents never bought me a new lap top. Their exact words were "We are sure the school library has a computer you can use"... I ended up buying my own laptop by working through the summer and saving.

Comment

I have no personal experience with CS but I have read on other threads that both parents have to agree on the activity/school for children which would include the expenses that go with that activity/school. Maybe someone else can help you here.

Comment

blairje2004 - you should be able to avoid paying any additional costs associated with the child attending school away from home, unless of course the program they are in is not offered at the "local" school. Depends on your separation agreement for the rest.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X