Internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rioe View Post
    If she holds out long enough, the kids are going to start whining more or spending more time at their father's home.

Yep, kidlets have a knack for wearing us out lol!

I suspect her reasons are mainly that having email means fewer excuses to call up FB_.
    I suspect you're right about that - FB would then have several drama-laden e-mails to show to the judge

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
      Just to throw in my 2 cents - I think this is just an excuse for your ex to interact with you. From what you have posted before, she has displayed a pattern of wanting your attention. One example was when she would call you repeatedly at work. She might have figured out that the only way to stay connected with you is through the children and their activities (school, for example).
      Exactly what I was thinking.

Paying for her internet access would solve the immediate issue, unfortunately not the root cause.

The child will eventually learn to do the homework at dad's, but, it may take a few times to get it straight.

Comment

Seems to me that paying her internet service would kill two birds with one stone. She would no longer have an excuse to bug him on the phone. FB could pick and chose what messages he responds to (and when).

Added bonus: kidlet would be happy ... looks like a win-win solution to me?

Comment

Originally posted by Janibel View Post
          Seems to me that paying her internet service would kill two birds with one stone. She would no longer have an excuse to bug him on the phone. FB could pick and chose what messages he responds to (and when).

Added bonus: kidlet would be happy ... looks like a win-win solution to me?
          Until she finds another way to haunt him....with the free internet....imagine the Facebook Profiles?

Comment

Originally posted by MS Mom View Post
            Until she finds another way to haunt him....with the free internet....imagine the Facebook Profiles?

Or the wifi that mysteriously stops working ... and the password she's forgotten ... and the router she can't figure out ... and the computer that's frozen ... and all the million other things she needs FB_'s attention for.

Comment

Originally posted by stripes View Post
              Or the wifi that mysteriously stops working ... and the password she's forgotten ... and the router she can't figure out ... and the computer that's frozen ... and all the million other things she needs FB_'s attention for.
              Anything to do with the router/internet she can call the service provider.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your responses... I'm not specifically concerned that she has no Internet... My concern is using it as an excuse to not do homework. Take him to the library or anywhere else that has free Internet.

Btw it happened again this morning... Gets to my house and says I have more homework to do. This time it was only one question. It didn't even specifically need Internet. All he had to do was use 3 adjectives to describe Abraham Lincoln... So instead of helping him she uses it as an excuse and passes the buck.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Comment

She is on the way to losing custody....

Comment

Highly doubtful.

Comment

Fb_ do you see your son every weekend or are there weekends you don't see him? I know your ex isn't the easiest person to deal with, but if you at least talk to your son every weekend and he does have homework that requires the internet, would Mom be open to bringing him to your house for an hour to get some research done? I can't imagine at his young age requiring a lot of research. This seems more of a way to shove it in your face that she doesn't have internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
                        She is on the way to losing custody....
                        Never going to happen I would never push for it.

My kids need a mother in their lives.

Comment

I look at this as more inconsiderate than anything. The OP wasn't advised until the last minute of the need to assist, had he known, he may have been able to line some info up.

But outside of that, I see it as a non-issue. You can't change stupid. The ex apparently isn't adept at ensuring the kids school work is done. Unless I am mistaken, this isn't real news to OP, he's lived it before. OP will just need coping mechanisms to help him deal with stupid....venting here is a start.

At most, I may mention to the ex that should the kids need internet access to do their work, and she isn't able to get them to a library to do so, that she give you a heads up so you may be able to line stuff up and organize your time accordingly......but don't expect it. OP's ex just isn't built that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Berner_Faith View Post
                            Fb_ do you see your son every weekend or are there weekends you don't see him? I know your ex isn't the easiest person to deal with, but if you at least talk to your son every weekend and he does have homework that requires the internet, would Mom be open to bringing him to your house for an hour to get some research done? I can't imagine at his young age requiring a lot of research. This seems more of a way to shove it in your face that she doesn't have internet.
                            Yes, In fact I had him for an hour on Sunday after hockey, it's just I didn't hear about the homework until the voicemail at 7:00 pm (when I was working) on Sunday night. She told me I had to do this and that Monday morning because she didn't have internet.

He would obviously be welcome to use my internet, although when I don't have the kids I tend to keep myself busy. Again had I known we were at the hockey rink watching his sister practice Saturday morning and I would have taken him to the library to do it myself even though it was not my weekend. I guess I'm just frustrated and venting...

Comment

So back to my question, how should I address this if at all.

Send a polite email stating that I'd be more than happy to help with a little more notice. Suggest alternatives??

Comment

Originally posted by FB_ View Post
                                So back to my question, how should I address this if at all.

Send a polite email stating that I'd be more than happy to help with a little more notice. Suggest alternatives??

Dear Crazyhead:

I understand that you are experiencing difficulties with internet access at home. As you are aware, Kidlet needs access to the internet from time to time to complete homework assignments. Over the last week you have requestd that I assist in completing these assignments in the morning, before school.

Please remember that it can be difficult to both complete homework in the morning while also preparing kidlet for school. In future it would be most advantageous to kidlet if I was better prepared to help with this necessary task. All that I ask is that more notice be provided, or alternatively, that kidlet can spend the evening with me when such assignments come up.

But - FB - how do you want her to give you more notice? Phone calls???

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X