No announcement yet.

F.R.O. - any positive feedback?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really miss my original FRO agent. I have a different person now and she takes forever to return a call (I don't call very often). I am the recipient of CS and SS.

Several things have been added to the "list" of enforcement via FRO. I learned recently (via the automated 'info line') that a WRIT has been added. While the automated line does offer a brief description of what that all can mean, I'm not clear as to how it is being applied, in my case. IE: I thought the Courts had to make orders on WRITS first, and then FRO enforces.

FRO should be available for info on-line as MEP in Western Canada is. The automated service is "updated nightly" but it would be convenient to access case information on-line.

Comment

So far my experience with FRO is positive. It is a bit of a hassle changing the amount every year via court, but it's worth it. Child Support went up this year and ex decided to not pay the new amount. FRO got him to pay.
      So I give FRO a thumbs up.

Comment

My experience with FRO has been both positive and frustrating.. on the positive I am happy they are there to collect and keep my ex accountable... on the flip side when he goes a-wall, or when I have information on his new employment they seem to not follow through as they tell me they will while on the phone with them...

Comment

NE: are his arrears significant? My ex's arrears are quite substantial. I would recommend that when you inform them of new employment, that you fax the info to them as well (to the attn of your case worker). That way, it will be scanned in and become part of the file. I've got some "info" to send in as well. Nothing like hard copies

Comment

F.R.O. - any positive feedback?

. Nope

Comment

Hadenough, I was wondering how the situation with FRO is going for you? I followed your experience with interest.

Stbx pays a lower amount (than I think he should be) right now voluntarily but I am hopeful to have a court order/SA soon. I wonder if I should ask for FRO involvement because I suspect he will balk at any higher amount. His wages would be easily garnishable.

Someone said that FRO is automatically involved with a court order. Can anyone confirm that this is true?

I don't want to cause undue disagreement though and it seems as though FRO could cause difficulties on both sides. When I asked stbx about his willingness for FRO to reduce our contact, he reacted weirdly saying "Yes, please! Go through FRO and see if you ever get your money on time. Yes! Please do that." Because he was getting upset, I didn't ask further but I don't know if he was criticizing what he has heard about FRO or saying he wouldn't pay.....

Comment

The court order has to state that CS payments be sent through FRO.At the moment the Office of the Ombudsman is eyeballing FRO so if you have any complaints give them a call .

Comment

Sadandtired, when we were i was in court over cs and when my new partner was in court for his, we were both told that the judge basically puts FRO in order to collect. Unless both parties agree otherwise. My ex ALWAYS use to say to me "go ahead, call FRO" blah blah blah... He hated that I would call and update them. He hated that he was being held accountable, and that it was harder for him to "hide". I think FRO is great. I hear others complain, but will never understand their personal situations. For me FRO was the best thing and the right way to go.

Comment

S&T: so far, so good. I'm happy with their involvement and some aspects of my file (re: sky rocketing arrears) is going to be under review by a Supervisor, I am told.

will keep you posted with an update on this thread.

Comment

I hate. Yes. HATE.

The very thought of the FRO.

I pay. But sometimes - things have been hard, and FRO only made it harder than two reasonable people would have after a frank and candid discussion.

I find FRO to be a tool of POWER my ex uses over me, and I don't like it.
                      Not one bit.

Comment

The thing about FRO is that exes who are receiving funds can't lie about getting them either.They are a necessary evil in many cases.Not all parents want the best for their children, and for every gold digging b*&^& who spends the money on manicures/golf there is a single parent trying to make ends meet .Look at all the names and mugshots on that government website!!!You don’t get on there for paying SOME of the support,you get on there for refusing to pay ANY.

Comment

NO positive thoughts here!

Fro has decided to withdraw funds from my paycheck over the summer at full amount even though court order clearly stated would be 1/2 over the summer due to equal time sharing of children in a 2 week on/off rotation.

Also, the money that they took didn't get paid to my former spouse and is sitting at FRO!!! I have been informed via fro that any money taken from the payor would be held as paper credit..!!!(I have no arrears). Am I going to get it back to use for my children while in my care over the summer?!!??!

FRO plays games with the court orders and the payor and recipient. My former spouse has been told that the money is there and I need to contact my case worker and get them some paper work?!! HUH!! my ex has already done that with her case worker and given them my T4 and income tax return (which is another issue as the court order also states that the CS is to be automactically adjusted as per the federal guidelines and FRO says no they can't do that and need a specific order....HUH!!!....So the amount being deducted will be unchanged.....WHAT FRO!! How can you interpret COURT ORDERS differently.

I was also given the run around by FRO several times when Tempoary orders changed over. FRO is not a great option!!!! Stay away!!!

Work it out with your EX personally.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                          Working...
                          X