X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serving notice to wife - my options?

Hi,
    We have been separated for a year now...
    Somewhere in Feb my wife decided to take long vacation from her job and go to India for extended period of time. Now she is saying that she does not feel like coming back to Canada.
    We have no kids, no property... we had equal $$ job..

I filled for simple divorce asking for nothing - it has been 10 weeks...

I was hoping to serve her notice here.. but now as she is not coming back for who knows till when... what are my options to serve her...

I think I know where she is staying..
    1. what if she declines to accept the papers.
    2. How does this issue proceed... if she does not accept the notice?
    3. Any servers out there who can help me serve the notice in India.

Thanks
    Canuck

Hi and welcome Canuks,

I am not certain, but I think that now the one year has eclipsed you can proceed unilaterally. If you are in Ontario, check out one of the FLIC centers in your area to find out for sure ( Family Law Information CentresĀ (FLICs) - Ministry of the Attorney General). It's a good and free service staffed by family law lawyer(s).

Good luck

Comment

Thanks - now I have starting liking (Stay Single concept).. means I like you name handle..
      I checked with FLIC center.. they said I still need to serve the notice to my wife.. as she should be aware of the proceedings....
      So they asked me send her notice either way.... I need to confirm if:
      I send her notice and she declines to accept... I will get affidavit from the server... what are my next steps??

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X