Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moving of a child

Hi,

My ex has moved my child from Kitchener to Scarborough and requesting me to come and pick my son from scarborough when there is no court order or any agreement signed . We have a conference scheduled this month and I wanted to know how will the judge react to such situations ? My ex is not working or has any relatives in scarborough .

Regards

SSHAN

Hopefully you have a lawyer assisting you who can give a better answer. The unique facts of your situation will matter more than anything else.

If there is a history of violence, abuse, or a long delay, the court might be ok with it. If there is no reason for the relocation, the court might have an issue with it.

Keep in mind if you have divergent narratives, the court won't know which is true and will try to balance that, but will not turn a blind eye to allegations.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X