No announcement yet.

Financial disclosure and Child support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I applied for the CEWS because my business's income revenue dropped substantially. Would my ex be able to use this against me?

Comment

Originally posted by trueblue22 View Post
      If I am still entitled to those support amounts why would it make a difference if I got it now or later on as a retroactive claim?
      Real world example.

Rogers Communications (or Bell, or Telus, or etc...) figured out that the plan your phone on was less than it should have been for the past 4 years and just decided that you now retroactively owe them the same arrears!

Wouldn't you love a bill from Rogers for the past 4 years of telephone service increases for bills that you agreed to pay and already paid?!

Apply the same logic to your situation.

Comment

Originally posted by trueblue22 View Post
        I applied for the CEWS because my business's income revenue dropped substantially. Would my ex be able to use this against me?
        If it is recorded as income on your taxes yes. And its not "used against you". Rule 13.1 requires FULL AND FRANK financial disclosure by both parties.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X