ex refusing to comply with court orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ex refusing to comply with court orders

my ex is refusing to comply with the terms of the seperation argreement that was drafted by the courts
    she is to provide the following
    report cards
    tax forms
    medical info
    and I get my sons 1 week a month
    we are to meet at a 3 hour half way point for pick up and drop off
    during the summer months she and the boys have a two hour ferry ride so she doesnt have 3 hours driving like i do
    well now she is refusing to meet half way
    and I havent seen my sons in 3 months
    if i take her to court our they going to inforce the orders and what can be done if she continues to act like this ?

You would have to claim denial of access through a contempt order which is an uphill battle.

Have you requested these items in writing and have a record of the denials?

Send another email requesting these items and let her know you intend to seek court intervention. Look through the forum for denial of access etc and see what has been said. You may need to escalate this but understand its a battle.

Comment

Yes I have her refusal to flow the court ruling in writing
      I only communicate with vie email so that have
      Proof of being denied access

Comment

Then you need to start looking into contempt for denial of access.

Comment

As a minor point, might be worth getting the report cards directly from the school. Bring a copy of separation agreement.

Comment

Is the refusal to meet halfway the only reason you have not seen your kids or is she denying access completely?

Comment

no she is just refusing to meet half way , i get them for a week a month but with school its down to long weekends like this one Easter , she moved six hours a way so for me its 24 hours of driving out of a 48 hour visit , their our other issues as well .

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X