This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• class act

High school basketball player passes ball to mentally challenged player on the other team

A very touching act. It's good to hear these kinds of stories. The world would be a far better place if more people exercised compassion and good will towards others.

Comment

Wretchedotis: where do you find these treasures that you often post/share on here? While "class" is clearly foreign to a few sad cases on this forum, I just want to thank you for posting this onto the board.

Comment

Thank you so much for sharing!

My daughter has always gravitated towards people with special needs and has been volunteering in the special education class at her school for over a year now. I can't wait to share this with her, she'll love it.

Comment

@Abeona: kudos to your daughter and a great idea - I'm going to show the clip to my son

Comment

I volunteer with a group of 14 youth and we have a special needs youth, he has cerebral palsey and is on the mild part of the autism spectrum. Its amazing to see these people help him without being asked, sometimes the most touching moments are when nobody is looking. One morning at a camp I noticed one of the kids from the tent with the special needs child and so I tried to inquire why. Turns out that the special needs child was crying in the middle of the night, and this kid consoled him and found out why, and he was just upset because he had to go pee and was afraid of the dark. This guy helped him and didn't wake anyone up and didn't want credit or anything. He wanted it to not be known because he did not want anyone making fun of our special needs youth.
            Warmed my heart for sure.
            Also when I have to bring our daughter camping with the group, to see how they all, even the kids who are rough around the edges so to speak take her on as a younger sibling and protect her and make sure she has a great time and help her tons.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X