This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Fairness

My high conflict ex has been challenging to say the least, and I've tried hard to take the high road.

I moved the other day, into a larger apartment, with the help of my son. My ex packed a box full of "emergency" supplies, and made a caserole. She also wrote a card.

No matter what the motivation is, I am thankful, and emailled to let her know.

Not sure if its karma or what but, it is nice to see things can improve.

With the passage of time, it will become easier.

My ex was a literal 'woman scorned' for the first two years.
    I cannot begin to tell you the grief her and her new husband have caused me. They include accusation of sexual misconduct against our mutual son. Accusations of violence. Witholding access (even over 1 christmas!), too many calls to the police to even bother counting (I stopped counting at 30 or so).

Anyways. Roll with the punches as best you can. try to LIMIT your reactions (because if you're like me it's impossible to NOT react at all).
    Eventually the anger fades. Maybe never goes away - but things get easier.

Just be the best you can be in all circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by DowntroddenDad View Post
      My high conflict ex has been challenging to say the least, and I've tried hard to take the high road.

I moved the other day, into a larger apartment, with the help of my son. My ex packed a box full of "emergency" supplies, and made a caserole. She also wrote a card.

No matter what the motivation is, I am thankful, and emailled to let her know.

Not sure if its karma or what but, it is nice to see things can improve.
      For your (formerly) high conflict ex to pack your box full of supplies, bake a casserole and even write you a card...that says to me that she has a change of heart and has come to the realization that your taking the high road was not only in your best interests but in hers also. That's great to know. Makes me so glad for you and your son.

Comment

Originally posted by caranna View Post
        For your (formerly) high conflict ex to pack your box full of supplies, bake a casserole and even write you a card...that says to me that she has a change of heart and has come to the realization that your taking the high road was not only in your best interests but in hers also. That's great to know. Makes me so glad for you and your son.

Good point. Let's hope its a sign of things to come, shall we?

Comment

she may have finally realized the way she was acting wasnt benefitting anyone including herself. Hopefully she keeps along this path. It was a very good idea to email her and thank it for her act of kindness, shows she is appreciated and makes her feel like reaching out was a good thing.

Just remember she may have a slide back every so often because she is trying to change, dont jump down her throat and say stupid things like "i knew it was too good to be true thinking you changed" or things like that. Change takes time and no one can do it overnight. Its a personality change and that has got to be one of the hardest things to change especially if they have been that way for a long time.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X