No announcement yet.

Emails being ignored

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With ReadNotify, you type in "readnotify.com" into the recipient's address (e.g. "brattyex@gmail.com.readnotify.com") but the recipient doesn't see "readnotify.com" - it just looks like normal email to them.

Comment

Originally posted by stripes View Post
      With ReadNotify, you type in "readnotify.com" into the recipient's address (e.g. "brattyex@gmail.com.readnotify.com") but the recipient doesn't see "readnotify.com" - it just looks like normal email to them.
      Yeah but how I can prove it went to them if it went to .readnotify.com how do I prove readnotify actually works. Wouldn't that be an arguing point for them that the email went through another protocol and got lost along the way how reliable is technology really

But I did read that readnotify has a client that you can use to avoid having to add .readnotify in the end of the email?

I also came across some Web apps for gmail that track email?

I would certainly use it when I want to see if someone got my email or not but for the purposes of court evidence I would rather show an email that was emailed straight to the other party. I would imagine the could get away with denying reviept of so many emails before the court catches on. They received some emails but none of the crucial ones?? Come on. I guess a follow up email or follow up text to confirm I sent email will work for now..

Has anyone actually used readnotify or email tracking app in court? I hate typing long text messages. I also hate receding long text messages that are literally 6 feet tall.
      Last edited by trinton; 12-17-2016, 04:22 PM.

Comment

You get a notification from ReadNotify that your email was opened at the recipient's address at a specific date/time. All outgoing emails have unique identifiers so you can prove that a specific email was indeed sent (by you) and opened (by recipient).

Comment

Believe me if you go to court and you tell a judge you sent her an email and then a reminder to an email she uses and she checks regularly no judge will believe that she didn't see the email. In Quebec, service by email to lawyers is now acceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
            Believe me if you go to court and you tell a judge you sent her an email and then a reminder to an email she uses and she checks regularly no judge will believe that she didn't see the email. In Quebec, service by email to lawyers is now acceptable.
            I agree, but I find it so ridiculous that it even has to get down to that. I didn't send a follow up to that original email. I just got the lawyer's involved as the email was clearly being ignored. She knew the seriousness of the issue at hand and she chose to ignore. I found it quite entertaining that She responded within minutes of receiving the letter from my lawyer threatening a sequent motion with costs if she didn't respond to arrange a time with me.

The way I see it is: I sent her an email. Here is a copy of the email that I sent showing the date, time that it was sent, as well as the parties email addresses. End of story. Case closed.

I didn't receive your email, or I couldn't open up your email on my computer or iPad or I didn't see any attachments or I couldn't open up your attachments are just silly excuses. The mail server will shoot an email back saying the mail failed to sent or bounced, if it ever does.

I wonder if Gmail would be able to provide logs as to whether an email was received by someone or not with a court subpoena ?
            Last edited by trinton; 12-18-2016, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
              Links is correct. My ex claimed she didn't check he e-mail and the judge said EXACTLY what Links mentioned. Peeps check their e-mail every 10 mins now-a-days. I have readnotify.com and it was accepted as proof by the judge. It even states "where" the recipient opens the e-mail (which was in QC 9 times out of 10 with my ex).

Comment

Readnotify can be easily blocked so don't expect it to work. Lots of AdBlockers will kill it. So don't rely upon it but, if it does work it is good. Also it gets stripped when someone strips the HTML off their emails.

Comment

talkingparents.com - free and it's taken the guess work out of wether things are read or not.

Comment

Originally posted by vocalfather View Post
                    talkingparents.com - free and it's taken the guess work out of wether things are read or not.
                    Nice resource. Thank you.

Comment

Most welcome! Best resource I've been given and has helped and significantly cut down on trial prep!

Comment

I have looked into talkingparents.com and myfamilywizard.

How do you get the other parent to commit to these services? Do you have to get it ordered against them by court? In a court agreement? I know for familywizard you could pay for them. I have to pay for anything I ask for because the other parent just says "I don't have any money in my bank account and my credit card is maxed out".

Would it work out with a difficult parent that claims to have no internet or data on their smartphone but they pay $150/month for a cellphone (As per their financial statement) ?

Comment

Originally posted by trinton View Post
                          I have looked into talkingparents.com and myfamilywizard.

How do you get the other parent to commit to these services? Do you have to get it ordered against them by court? In a court agreement? I know for familywizard you could pay for them. I have to pay for anything I ask for because the other parent just says "I don't have any money in my bank account and my credit card is maxed out".

Would it work out with a difficult parent that claims to have no internet or data on their smartphone but they pay $150/month for a cellphone (As per their financial statement) ?
                          It took almost a year for her to get on board. On one of our case conferences (she adjourned the first & second one) - the judge asked why she objected to using this - she provided some vague, ridiculous response and the judge told her it was ridiculous and warned her that she was going to put it in the order and if she didn't oblige, it could have major consequences.

I personally love talking parents for the report it prints out, proof that either parent is logging in, showing when items are read and that it keeps my email/text free from the 20-25 BS texts and emails I used to get.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                          Working...
                          X