Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 10:24 PM

wretchedotis is on a distinguished road
Default class act

High school basketball player passes ball to mentally challenged player on the other team
Old 03-03-2013, 03:46 PM

hadenough is on a distinguished road

A very touching act. It's good to hear these kinds of stories. The world would be a far better place if more people exercised compassion and good will towards others.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:17 PM

Wretchedotis: where do you find these treasures that you often post/share on here? While "class" is clearly foreign to a few sad cases on this forum, I just want to thank you for posting this onto the board.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:46 PM

Abeona is on a distinguished road

Thank you so much for sharing!

My daughter has always gravitated towards people with special needs and has been volunteering in the special education class at her school for over a year now. I can't wait to share this with her, she'll love it.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:19 PM

@Abeona: kudos to your daughter and a great idea - I'm going to show the clip to my son
Old 03-06-2013, 12:24 PM

fireweb13 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to fireweb13

I volunteer with a group of 14 youth and we have a special needs youth, he has cerebral palsey and is on the mild part of the autism spectrum. Its amazing to see these people help him without being asked, sometimes the most touching moments are when nobody is looking. One morning at a camp I noticed one of the kids from the tent with the special needs child and so I tried to inquire why. Turns out that the special needs child was crying in the middle of the night, and this kid consoled him and found out why, and he was just upset because he had to go pee and was afraid of the dark. This guy helped him and didn't wake anyone up and didn't want credit or anything. He wanted it to not be known because he did not want anyone making fun of our special needs youth.
Warmed my heart for sure.
Also when I have to bring our daughter camping with the group, to see how they all, even the kids who are rough around the edges so to speak take her on as a younger sibling and protect her and make sure she has a great time and help her tons.
Closed Thread