summer extended access/travel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• summer extended access/travel

Below are the clauses in my agreement related to extended summer access and travel. Here is the scenario: My oldest child is getting married this summer out of province. I want my 2 other children to attend the wedding. Can their mother interfere with them attending (she is not the mother of first child)?

Here are the clauses in my agreement:

[5.4] During the summer school break, each party will have the option of requesting one extended two week period with the children. Each party will inform the other party of their intended two-week period by May 1st of each year. For odd years Parent A will have first choice and for even years Parent B will have first choice. After the two-week period the shared parenting schedule will resume.

TRAVEL
    [7.1] Either party can obtain permission to take the children out of the province or the country for vacation purposes by notifying the residing parent in writing by e-mail and/or by phone within 30 days advance notice if the travel impacts the parental schedule. Such notice will not be required in the event of a death or illness of a close family member, which only requires that notice be given as soon as possible. If a parent takes the children on vacation, he or she will provide contact information to the other parent whenever possible. Both parties recognize that there are certain times such as camping trips or foreign travel where it may be difficult to provide specific contact information.

[7.2] To facilitate international travel, the residing parent will provide the traveling parent with a signed, notarized letter of permission (which includes the address and phone number of the parent) to be presented to airline and Customs officials in order for the children to be permitted to leave the country. The traveling parent shall be responsible for the cost of the notarized letter.

Parent A and Parent B agree to share the costs of securing the children’s passports equally.

The residing parent will provide the traveling parent the children’s original passports at least 10 days before any out of country vacation.

Brief background - their mother has not taken the extended summer access over the past 8 years; I have done so every summer; last year she sent me an email in June asking me why I was unilaterally changing the parenting schedule with my extended 2 week period and wanted it changed back; this did not happen; 2 days ago I receive an email from their mother asking if the parenting schedule could remain as is since she cares for our kids when I go out of town for work related reasons (3 times a year I have to travel for work); I replied letting her know that I would be using the provision under Section 5.4 to take our children on a trip within Canada for a wedding so unfortunately the schedule will change. No response from their mother.

She can interfere all she wants. And many do. Hopefully she won't.

It's a family event. Who in their right mind would deny the attendance at a family wedding? ....oh wait, that happened to us

Comment

Er....the same type of person that will deny a child/ren equal access to the other parent because they want table CS? Nobody is going to admit it, but this is usually the main reason.

Only in this case where there is already an order in place, the reason will be to spite the other parent, especially with the older kid not being theirs.

Originally posted by Serene View Post
      She can interfere all she wants. And many do. Hopefully she won't.

It's a family event. Who in their right mind would deny the attendance at a family wedding? ....oh wait, that happened to us

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X