This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Common law issues

I've been in a 2 year common law relationship from a previous divorce that gave me a 120,000 settlement. I moved into his home and paid off the mortgage that was 55,000.00 We then bought together another home, and rented out the first. I am on both titles. When we split, he locked me out of the 2nd home and we had subsequently rented out the first one. I am now renting a room, all my money is gone! I don't want to stay in the house with him as he is verbally and mentally abusive and I don't have the heart to kick out the tenants as they have 4 children and one on the way at any time now. I've been told I cannot/shouldn't take landlord/tenant act possession of the rented home as he has more equity in it. What do I do? We do not have children, I do not work due to illness. Should I just put together a separation agreement and hope for the best? This is insane!
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X